Author Topic: england talk banned?  (Read 8776 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: england talk banned?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:25 AM »
Every single member of the Spanish squad played in the Champions League this season. They also failed...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 08:36:49 PM »
True.  Did alright for the previous 8 years though didn't they?

Slightly better sample size wouldn't you say Pilgrim86?

Interesting Leroy Fer scored for Holland tonight.  Plays for a lower prem league team. 

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
Every single member of the Spanish squad played in the Champions League this season. They also failed...
Failed to qualify next round, maybe, but they did win 3-0 today!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 09:05:46 PM »
And we might win 3-0 tomorrow - both teams are going home though!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
And we might win 3-0 tomorrow - both teams are going home though!
I wonder how many England fans will be watching the Italy v Uruguay match instead?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 09:32:26 PM »
Thought Uruguay deserved to qualify ahead of England - their players looked hungrier than ours, and they had a bit more bite up front.

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
got to be honest and say that i no longer have any interest in the 2014 fifa world cup now england have finished

just a thought ..........would it be a good idea for the english fa to appoint a football csar or a team of csars

they could look at al aspects of the english game and come up with suggestions to make england a force in world football once again

when i say 'all aspects' i really mean it - perhaps some suggestions like:-

1) look at the teaching and training methods adopted by schools and sports clubs to adapt our future players' skills to the ever changing modern game

2) identify the right equipment needed to develop the said skills and make sure all schools and sports clubs have this equipment available to them

3) examine the transfer markets of all the english professional leagues to identify flaws in restricting potential english talent from flourishing - are players priced too high/should there be a cap on foreign born players registered at clubs etc. etc.

4) hold a conference with representatives of all the various forms of english media to discuss ways of positive coverage of england in international games without overlooking the negative aspects of games therefore helping boost players confidence to represent their country instead of making them nervous of making mistakes resulting in poor under par individual performances

5) encourage the current england manager to look to the championship for players - especially in areas of the team where he feels we are low on talent (there are a lot of good players in the championship - why should they wait to be snapped up by premier league teams before they get noticed for england call up)

6) hold regular talks with clubs to allow england hopefuls to get together a little more often for team training sessions without hampering the respective teams' preparations for upcoming games - try and strike a harmonious balance

7) educate fans at all levels of english league football to respect the 22 players on the pitch - banter is one thing but the abuse some players get (regardless of how much they are paid) is totally unacceptable - maybe a more positive behaviour from the terraces will allow upcoming players to relax and give them a chance to develop more as a player

8)examine the whole infrastructure of rival nations' football development  (especially successful ones like spain,germany and brazil) to see if we can learn from them and perhaps implement some of their practices

i'd be interested to know what any of you think of my proposals and whether you would like to add something extra to this
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:27:17 PM by amberarmy »

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »
...9. Get control of the squad picking again and out of the hands of Commercial sponsors who fund the FA's dreams off the pitch. It will enable your above 8 sensible suggestions to be approached Amberarmy...and....give us a proper 'team' to work with tactically....which Roy had NO CONTROL over ultimately in all 3 games. Thank the Premier League and the white  elephant St Georges Park and those who pay for it all...I reckon...X
I don't do the technical side of the game but Roy's intention was right.....but to leave Rooney out of his tactical approach.....was a step too far for the aforementioned. Rooney shouldn't have been accommodated.....end of. Hence headless chicken Georges........yup....it's about our 'roots' alright.....slaves to the £/ and $ at present. The result of selling our 'peoples game' to the moguls was the debacle in the application of the stratagem we all witnessed. Not rocket science init...X

LUV
DISGRUNTLED
OF
ENGLAND
X

...on a happier note.......here's a flag we can fly of mutual interest....with pride and passion Amberarmy!x

...erm....I knicked it off our 'hard core' until I felt they had wised up to have the right to have it back...a kind of 'prove' that you do wot it sez on the tin moment..... It took them 5 months and a lot of buttock clenching but they got there in the end!x They have it back travelling the Country and it made Wembley.....again!x Hope you like it...!x
@@
~

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »
never dull Sooty :)

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 02:09:03 AM »