Author Topic: Today's Referendum  (Read 7597 times)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today's Referendum
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:48:03 AM »
Whoever has an interest in BUFC gaining planning permission for the stadium build to go ahead and you live in the Wyberton area, get yourselves down to Wybo parish hall between 4-9 and vote a resounding YES.

I think the action group are expecting people to turn up and vote NO en masse.
There is plenty of time to get there before England kick off!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

cappo

• View Profile
Re: Today's Referendum
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:21 PM »
surely this referendum outcome will only be a glorified petition will it not?
"till saturday comes"

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
surely this referendum outcome will only be a glorified petition will it not?

Yep. all its going to do is try to creat a united front on a No Vote, Planning officers Already made comments on it saying that it will be taken into consideration only if it had valid reason to do so.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »
There was already an online petition set ip and as far as i know
there were only 52 signitures and it looks like it was withdrawn.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
I know a lot of people in Wyberton and to be honest there seems to be more for it than against. And most i know in Wyberton couldnt give a Monkey about Boston United. So it goes to show there is good support for the other aspects of the project

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »
483 said No, 77 said Yes, but 2,425 didn't vote. Basically, only 16% said No...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:30:58 PM »
That is a overwhelming no from the residents who voted.. could that go against is at planning???

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 11:18:27 PM »
What a bad night to hold something like this on, a lot of Boston fans aren't in a close distance to Boston on a week night plus with the England game on, I would have a guess that a vast majority of the people who voted no have no interest in football whatsoever...

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 12:28:10 AM »
Lets keep this real, the turnout was less than 20%. Which says that 80% were not concerned in the slightest. I can totally understand the no vote as i am sure no matter where this was proposed it would be more no votes than yes.

Secondly the banners saying no to the plans on roundabouts for me seem wrong as BUFC supporters we don't put banners supporting the planning. One banner was on the fence of the Endeavour Pub, which would benefit massively from the new planning,apparently that wasn't given the support of the brewery allegedly.

The vandalism which was reported, why would that be BUFC fans, the average age of fans being well over 30 perhaps, so have different priorities, that could have been anyone. Mr  Newton as always has been dignified by his silence and I am sure has done due diligence at considerable expense, whilst I applaud Sue Bell for her efforts  I am afraid she is not supported wholehearted, Boston needs new investment and infrastructure this is it.

If it doesn't happen life will go on but im sure we will miss, Altrincham away , Workington on a Tuesday, Hayes, BPA, Hull (Rubbish Club where are they now) , Swansea (Rubbish Club where are they now) Scarborough ( argh ) ,My club ,my town fingers crossed

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:22 AM »
Hang on a minute, there's something wrong with the figures. According to Sue Bell, on the Wyberton website: Well done villagers of Wyberton for your support and common sense. 86.25% vote NO to the development. So she's obviously counting the 2,400-odd who didn't vote as against the development. The way she uses figures she'd be an asset to the council!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »
Hang on a minute, there's something wrong with the figures. According to Sue Bell, on the Wyberton website: Well done villagers of Wyberton for your support and common sense. 86.25% vote NO to the development. So she's obviously counting the 2,400-odd who didn't vote as against the development. The way she uses figures she'd be an asset to the council!

Naive is the word for these protesters ,  unless I have missed something this objection is based on nimbyism something planners come across on a regular basis and has no impact on their decision .
If the plans are passed and they decide to appeal it will mean a very costly procedure entailing hiring professionels to represent them

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »
lies, damn lies and statistics. You can use percentages to try to justify anything Sue Bell but if the good people of Wyberton were so against this development wouldnt more than 16% have voted no.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
Exactly my thoughts after reading the results and realising that just 18% bothered to vote that in my view means the 82% of residents that didn't bother to vote are either in support of the plans or just not bothered either way.They can not use that vote to form a accurate view of the residents of Wyberton.. Let's hope the planners realise this..

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »

As with all elections etc, you only count the actual votes, therefore she is correct that the percentage ( of people who voted) are against.

BUFC supporters need to mobilise their support, not try to belittle her efforts

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »

As with all elections etc, you only count the actual votes, therefore she is correct that the percentage ( of people who voted) are against.

BUFC supporters need to mobilise their support, not try to belittle her efforts

Steeli, are you getting the Blues fans mobilised to invade The Jakemans on July 29th .?