Author Topic: new keeper?  (Read 29098 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: new keeper?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »
Grociak played right back second half and is certainly not as good as zak mills so can't see him staying to be honest,karlton watson was impressive in the first half and Thompson,greene and hodge certainly worth another look.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »
Having read the report i now know where he played.  :)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
Like a couple of others the thought that DG can or would seriously consider playing SG up front as a main line tactic astounds and scares me. Someone mentioned finesse earlier and whilst Garner has many fortes...finesse is not one of them and please don't cite the goal as evidence that he is either. Southwell took his goal well tho and him and Newsh  would be the answer but if one of them gets injured we may be in deep trouble. Steer and McGhee looked good, as did all the defenders but you can't judge the team by a game against academy youngsters. Spalding I feel will pro ide a much sterner test and will reserve any further  judgement till then.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2014, 03:50:22 PM »
Speaking of judging a performance without actually seeing it, the NLP's report stated that Jason Lees team won comfortably. This is not the first time they have written about BUFC without having a report on the game and and not even doing any research. Have taken this paper for a long time but can't bring myself to believe what is written anymore hence now cancelled.

To be fair to the non-league paper, a basic Google search still brings up Jason Lee as our manager - see screen shot below. I don't know who's responsible for updating this part of the internet, but this won't be the fault of the non-league paper. It can't be easy getting a paper out with so much coverage by Sunday morning, and with time pressures as they are I can understand if they do cut the odd corner and use the odd search engine. 9 times out of 10 the paper does still do a very good job.

My bigger concern with this week's paper is that the fixture dates are wrong. They're showing our county cup match against Gainsborough Trinity as a Tuesday night match. Surely the fixture list is the one area of the paper that they've got more time to get right - they don't have to wait until 5 o'clock on a Saturday to start putting it together.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
Like a couple of others the thought that DG can or would seriously consider playing SG up front as a main line tactic astounds and scares me. Someone mentioned finesse earlier and whilst Garner has many fortes...finesse is not one of them and please don't cite the goal as evidence that he is either. Southwell took his goal well tho and him and Newsh  would be the answer but if one of them gets injured we may be in deep trouble. Steer and McGhee looked good, as did all the defenders but you can't judge the team by a game against academy youngsters. Spalding I feel will pro ide a much sterner test and will reserve any further  judgement till then.

When I mentioned finesse BG I meant in comparison to the likes of Lee and Danny Davidson and other "big" strikers some fans would have us sign .
I would think some will come on and remind you of defenders being converted to strikers which astounded and delighed fans , remember Malcolm Macdonald ?   John Charles did not do a bad job at centre-forward and centre half , can,t recall the Italian team he played for .
A bit disrespectful to Norwich with your comment saying Spalding would be a stronger test .  Norwich had decent showing in the u21 prem league last season and I for one were pleased to have a couple of "academy youngsters" on loan from Sunderland who played in the same league .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »
My bigger concern with this week's paper is that the fixture dates are wrong. They're showing our county cup match against Gainsborough Trinity as a Tuesday night match.
It is - Tuesday, 29th July.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »
A bit disrespectful to Norwich with your comment saying Spalding would be a stronger test .  Norwich had decent showing in the u21 prem league last season and I for one were pleased to have a couple of "academy youngsters" on loan from Sunderland who played in the same league .
But how many of last season's Norwich U21s, were with the 1st team? You'd assume Norwich will have lost a few players on relegation.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »
My bigger concern with this week's paper is that the fixture dates are wrong. They're showing our county cup match against Gainsborough Trinity as a Tuesday night match.

I've written it down as Saturday 2nd August on my calendar. Was the game moved at some point?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2014, 09:23:30 PM »

When I mentioned finesse BG I meant in comparison to the likes of Lee and Danny Davidson and other "big" strikers some fans would have us sign .
I would think some will come on and remind you of defenders being converted to strikers which astounded and delighed fans , remember Malcolm Macdonald ?   John Charles did not do a bad job at centre-forward and centre half , can,t recall the Italian team he played for .

A 2lb back of danish that Spalding provide a more competitive match GHM. Only an opinion, certainly dont mean any disrespect to any visitors but Personally just don't like matches against youth teams/development squads...tis all

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2014, 10:13:53 PM »
Spalding have spent alot of money on experienced players which is common knowledge locally. Looking forward to the Spalding game, expect mostly the same players from Sat to be involved  with the trialists given another chance and always nice to go to a ground where you can have a beer pitch side. Craig hinted on twitter yesterday that Karlton Watson could be signing.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2014, 12:02:52 AM »

I've written it down as Saturday 2nd August on my calendar. Was the game moved at some point?
That's the next round, at home to Grimsby - if we win.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »

A 2lb back of danish that Spalding provide a more competitive match GHM. Only an opinion, certainly dont mean any disrespect to any visitors but Personally just don't like matches against youth teams/development squads...tis all

With all the treats Mrs G is going to get on a Sunday morning this season (thanks to Garners goals ) you cannot afford to give danish away BG  ;)

You may be right about Tues outcome but my thinking says  Norwich should  field a u21 team that can compete better than a EVO(s) team (spalding} ,  if not then that maybe explains there decline .