Author Topic: new keeper?  (Read 29125 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: new keeper?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 08:13:43 AM »
I think your about right with that team GHM. On today's showing I think garns and southwell worked well and will only get better with more game time add newsh to that and it looks strong but maybe a young lad on loan could be an option. Plenty of positives from yesterday that's for sure..

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
I say this having not attended yesterday's game but I don't think that 1 half of a friendly against a bunch of kids and an disinterested pro makes a difference.  Garner is  fine as an option for the last 15 mins when you need a goal and you have to resort to plan C but if you have serious ambitions of a top 5 finish then he is not the answer.

He would be a waste of money and a contract if played that way and not at centre half where he is one of the best in the league. If this is really our best option for a centre forward then for the first time I have serious reservations about the recruitment this summer and the upcoming season. If it is not, then I am a lot more optimistic.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
I agree that Garners position is back four but I think your missing the point of why he played up front for 45 minutes. Two new center backs needed to show what they can do ( and believe me they did very well) and as you say we know what Garner can do at the back, by the way Garner did the business up front and it did not encourage long balls, indeed it was the passing game that proved too much for the opposition.
Dennis should be able to put together his final squad from these boys with only the odd addition or two. I would also like to praise Bunny for his hard work and dedication in coaching these lads the right way and getting them very fit. 

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
I think you need to see garns up front before judging him.. He looks fit as a fiddle and works really hard up there and links up well with southwell.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
How did the trialists do?

Adrian Grociak - are we finally getting a Polish player to get the interest of our Polish population? http://www.pzpn.pl/en/zawodnik/show/716215/3650

Karlton Watson - recent Forest young player of the year, since played for Telford and Lincoln

Didn't go yesterday, but good to hear Garns and Southwell played well together but surely Newsh will play when fit?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »
I think you need to see garns up front before judging him.. He looks fit as a fiddle and works really hard up there and links up well with southwell.

Difficult to think how  a players performance and the strength of the opposition can be judged without seeing it !!!!    Shauns summing up is correct .
Bit miffed that many have been calling for a "big"  striker then when it appears maybe DG as spotted the man for the job the player is condemed in the roll .   " Wasted money"?   you will find if Garner does establish himself as a outstanding striker his value would rise .   Anyone  at yesterdays match will tell you DG could perm any 2 from 5 central defenders he had on show and you would have a great pairing .
As OXO stated no hoof balls to Garner ,  he has the finesse along with Southwell to play the ball on the floor .   Remember Danny Davidson and Jason Lee ?  lets continue with the entertaining football that we saw last year and not return to hoofball tactics of Lee and S&H .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »
Adrian Grociak - are we finally getting a Polish player to get the interest of our Polish population? http://www.pzpn.pl/en/zawodnik/show/716215/3650
Doesn't Stefan Galinski already count as Polish?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
Forgot about Galiniski. He doesn't have much Polish in his accent!

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »

Not if he was born in the UK.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
Speaking of judging a performance without actually seeing it, the NLP's report stated that Jason Lees team won comfortably. This is not the first time they have written about BUFC without having a report on the game and and not even doing any research. Have taken this paper for a long time but can't bring myself to believe what is written anymore hence now cancelled.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
I was there yesterday and really enjoyed the game. My stand out player apart from the goal scorers was Steer at left back, i thought he was immense. The winger for Norwich was getting so fed up with him, in the end all he could do was foul and moan to the ref. The lad from Forest who played at center back in the second half looked a good prospect too.
All in all, i thought it was a good showing, they all worked hard and DG will be scratching his head as to who will be moving on.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »

Not if he was born in the UK.
So why is he a Polish youth international? Place of birth isn't the sole criterion for nationality.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 12:25:14 PM »
May i ask where Adrian Grociak has been mentioned about either playing or at least having a trial?

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry. :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »
Thanks LN  .. I've bookmarked the page .
 We have a Polish tea lady at hospital who can translate hopefully !
    Thought nationality was Polska ..not Polskie which seams a bit slang  ..

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »
Polski is male
Polska is female
Apparently :)