Author Topic: new keeper?  (Read 29068 times)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: new keeper?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM »
Lewis King has now left Boston Utd.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 08:13:24 AM »
Oh dear, I liked him, thought he was a good keeper.  I cannot see why we are losing players, any thoughts? >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 08:17:31 AM »
Be interested to know why he has gone, seemed an asset and was up for the fight.  Hope it's not another one where someone has come in and offered more to play for a village team.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
Where has he gone to...anyone know?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »
I am not too sorry to see King go, fitness was always a worry. We need a tall commanding keeper. Not sure what the position is with Vince. No doubt DG will eventually tell us something worthwhile.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
To me Vince is not up to it.  Second choice at the moment until he gets more experience.  We need an ex league keeper to point him in the right direction.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
To me Vince is not up to it.  Second choice at the moment until he gets more experience.  We need an ex league keeper to point him in the right direction.

Agree Dip .

Tomgraves

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
Me personally I feel that King has had a fall out with Dennis, as he had agreed a contract with us when the retained list was annouced.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
Something not quite right here. For those more at home with social media has he given any clues as to why he's gone? Vince is a solid keeper and if we were forced to would be happy for him to start the season off, but I think the league will be harder this year and I do feel we need a more experienced custodian. That apart, normally when pre season starts there are 25 plus players half of which you end up getting rid of and then selectively add to the half left. The worry is we're at the end of June, pre season matches just around the corner and we would struggle to put on a five a side match. We lost three players to Tamworth,4 or 5 are not wanted, rumours suggest if we had a match tomorrow Newsh couldn't play because of his knee and now the goalkeeper has disappeared and I think am right here, only two Pidge and Garner have signed contracts. Not ideal is it?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:57:12 PM by B Grimes »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »
Me personally I feel that King has had a fall out with Dennis, as he had agreed a contract with us when the retained list was annouced.

Depends whether he was offered a contract, or just 'terms'.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »

Depends whether he was offered a contract, or just 'terms'.

Terms. no contract offer. Same as most the team. Starting to get a bit uneasy about all this as talk from a few players it seems only 3 or 4 are offered contract i just feel that a team core 5-6 should be on deals

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
According to article on the Target website he wasn't offered a permanent contract so is looking elsewhere as he wants security. Apparently he has had offers from other clubs in Conference North and been offered a trial at a Conference Premier club. Pre-season is all about finding players that will add to the team so let's not panic yet.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
dont worry. we only have three players signed on, but hey we look forward to the golf day!!!!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 07:45:55 AM »
Am not talking about any new players but can't understand why DG wouldn't get the likes of steer and Mcghee, players he now knows everything about on contract. Newsh not being offered one is the worry for me as it can only be because of his knee and if he isn't fit and Miller going that's fifty goals we have to find. Anyone got updates on " that knee"?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »
It,s just another typical patter pre-season with a new twist .   This time last year we had Miller already signed up which was refreshing as it gave us scope to come on patter and declare him not good enough .
This time last year  patter fans could not understand why we could not compete with Brackley ,  who have they signed this season ?
Lets sit back and enjoy "rich"  N Con teams competing to steal money bags NFU striker .
The only thing that is certain any new signing when assessed on patter may be restricted by any of the following ,  too light , too fat , slow , donkey , too young , too old , plus other various shortcomings .

Last seasons run-in which produced play-off form contained only 4/5 players that were signed pre-season , and lets not forget we saw more goals and better football than we have for years .
KEEP CALM Den ,  don,t rush the signings !!!!!