Author Topic: new keeper?  (Read 29111 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: new keeper?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 05:07:31 PM »
Two worries to me Carl, despite some suggesting its because he is still a Cambs player even though they have officially released him is why Garns hasn't signed a contract yet, which apparently he could do whenever he wants as many other players in the same situation have done and it just starts whenever the club and he agrees?
Second one is Newsh, and though his loyalties are not the issue at all, last year he was the first player to sign and am just hoping the fact that as yet no announcement has been made on him doing so thus far is not a reflection of his knee. I remember reading he will be fit for pre season, but still a worry?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »
How do you know no-one has come in for Vince? Just because you don't read about something, doesn't mean it isn't happening...

The compensation we'd be given for him at a tribunal would be nominal - it's any sell on percentage that would be key.
Chill P86!  8) He's only expressing his view or opinion! Whilst your posts are very knowledgeable and informative, we are all entitled to our opinion!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:32:52 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »
By saying that no one has come in for Vince I simply meant he hasn't signed elsewhere yet; may still happen has most clubs haven't started pre- season trainning yet. Whilst I agree that the for Vince would be very little (at a guess 2-4k) alot of clubs don't like paying for players these days especially a 'keeper who would probably be seen as "one for the future" at a higher level, also (sometimes wrongly) smaller 'keepers often don't get an opportunity at a higher level. Personally I hope he stays from a fan point of view as he  is vocal, a good shot stopper and kicks well, on the other hand good luck to him if he gets a break at a higher level.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »
By saying that no one has come in for Vince I simply meant he hasn't signed elsewhere yet; may still happen has most clubs haven't started pre- season trainning yet. Whilst I agree that the for Vince would be very little (at a guess 2-4k) alot of clubs don't like paying for players these days especially a 'keeper who would probably be seen as "one for the future" at a higher level, also (sometimes wrongly) smaller 'keepers often don't get an opportunity at a higher level. Personally I hope he stays from a fan point of view as he  is vocal, a good shot stopper and kicks well, on the other hand good luck to him if he gets a break at a higher level.
Absolutely. I know what you meant. Shame if Vince goes but he is a young lad with a potential professional (or at least a good semi-pro) career in the game. His future may be away from York Street/The Quadrant Stadium!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
Two worries to me Carl, despite some suggesting its because he is still a Cambs player even though they have officially released him is why Garns hasn't signed a contract yet, which apparently he could do whenever he wants as many other players in the same situation have done and it just starts whenever the club and he agrees?
Second one is Newsh, and though his loyalties are not the issue at all, last year he was the first player to sign and am just hoping the fact that as yet no announcement has been made on him doing so thus far is not a reflection of his knee. I remember reading he will be fit for pre season, but still a worry?

I hope DG is not taking Newsh for granted, Has he contacted him over the close season? Does he know if Newsh has got over his injury? I am told he hasn't but perhaps we will know come Tuesday.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »
Usually around the time Pre-season training starts we get confirmation of players that are staying.

From previous reports all 6 defenders are staying, Newsh and hopefully Miller are staying. So that's the defence and strikers that are good enough to be challenging at the right end of the table. Just need some decent midfielders.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »
Usually around the time Pre-season training starts we get confirmation of players that are staying.

From previous reports all 6 defenders are staying, Newsh and hopefully Miller are staying. So that's the defence and strikers that are good enough to be challenging at the right end of the table. Just need some decent midfielders.

As Leonardo da Vince famously said
        "I've nearly finished the Sistine Chapel, I've just got to put the top coat on the ceiling."

Ever onward and upward

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

As Leonardo da Vince famously said
        "I've nearly finished the Sistine Chapel, I've just got to put the top coat on the ceiling."

Ever onward and upward

Erm, not quite, that was painted by Michelangelo!!!!!!!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 09:07:01 PM »
That's right...............Da Vinci has been contracted to paint The Quadrant?!!!!

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 08:42:00 AM »
So close. I knew it was a Polish sub contractor

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:57 AM »
So who is our keeper for this season then, now that Lewis King is no longer on our team sheet.  What has happened to him?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:28:10 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »
Vince was at pre-season training last night.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
Hope Vince stays personally. Has huge potential. Need to bring several new players in now though with Miller and King seemingly gone.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »
Dowie now removed from teamsheet .

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »
Only 10 players now listed:
Vince
Marshall
Garner
Pidge
Steer
Mills
McGhee
Newsham
Southwell
Galinski

Need to bring in some top quality replacements over the next few weeks.