Author Topic: Vs Chorley  (Read 19111 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: Vs Chorley
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
We've got through a tough schedule in this past week with maximum points/progress and minimum injuries, so I'm not going to worry about a performance that was a touch lacklustre at times.

Four consecutive wins' worth of confidence and two training sessions in the week is the ideal preparation for the Nantwich match on Saturday... Let's see how far we've come.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »
We where poor today, but despite this created enough chances to have won the game comfortably. It's said that the best teams can win when playing poorly well that's certainly true today and 3 goals into the bargain as well. As Tom says we're through to the next round that's all that really matters.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »
Was a good 1st half performance went 2 up early with relatively tame but awkward to deal with headers. After the erly goals we opened them up with ease finding masses of room between their defence and midfield but we were unable to add to the scorline. Chorley started to get in the game and Evans made a good save 1 on 1.  On the stroke of half time their number 9 skipped past Cannoville (not seen that before this season) and scored a fantastic goal in the top corner. Second half was scrappy and the game was 50/50 with both teams working hard but struggling to play football only memborable points of the second half were the goals their number 9 again scored a good goal with a sort of over head kick and Sleath hit an ustoppable shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. Not the best game of football ever but a worthwhile cup game.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
How many fans did Chorley bring?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »
roughly 30-35

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »
Number 9 was Terry Fearns, his last 4 seasons he has played 3 at Conf North and 1 at Conf Nat. In the 3 Conf North seasons he has scored 32, 25 and 17 goals and is still too good for this level let alone the 1 below. Think he struggled a bit in his 1 season at Conf Nat level though.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
Was a good 1st half performance went 2 up early with relatively tame but awkward to deal with headers. After the erly goals we opened them up with ease finding masses of room between their defence and midfield but we were unable to add to the scorline. Chorley started to get in the game and Evans made a good save 1 on 1.  On the stroke of half time their number 9 skipped past Cannoville (not seen that before this season) and scored a fantastic goal in the top corner. Second half was scrappy and the game was 50/50 with both teams working hard but struggling to play football only memborable points of the second half were the goals their number 9 again scored a good goal with a sort of over head kick and Sleath hit an ustoppable shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. Not the best game of football ever but a worthwhile cup game.

There were two or three golden chances for us to wrap it up in the second half, Newsham missed one and the keeper made a superb save on another.  If Camm had hit the inside of the post in the first half to make it 3-0 I think we'd have gone on to get a hat full
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 07:14:51 PM »
If we are still after another forward would he be worth persuading to move to York Street??
He would certainly score goals but don't know if he would fit into our system or have the work rate needed. He isn't tall enough to play the centre forward role and i didn't think he has the energy Newsham has or would keep Yates out of the team as he is an out and out forward unlike Yates who plays basically as Winger without the defencive responsibities.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
Yes agree about the 1s half could have been 4/5 up at half time (didn't the chance that rattled the post in the first half fall to Yates not Camm.) I saw the chances in second half as half chances.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 07:34:04 PM »
A few more pics while I've got broadband at Lincoln on the way home!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »
  Look forward to next next round draw of FA TROPHY
  See  on the  Fa Site among others .. Brigg beat Burscough ..and Leek Town beat Kendal  !

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
  Look forward to next next round draw of FA TROPHY
  See  on the  Fa Site among others .. Brigg beat Burscough ..and Leek Town beat Kendal  !
Also Bradford PA who lost at home to Clitheroe

Bartmac

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed Ken, you haven't got a photo of Clarkey sat on the terrace near the tuck shop eating his chips and gravy, and looking thoroughly pissed off! ;D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »
I 'll  settle for Glapwell again ..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »
Drawing Brigg would give us a chance to avenge the FA Cup defeat 5 or 6 years ago.