Author Topic: Ricky Miller  (Read 7250 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ricky Miller
« on: June 07, 2014, 03:04:04 PM »
Well done Ricky ,   Con North POTY.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Ricky Miller
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
And as the club that allowed his talent to flourish last season I think his treatment of BUFC this summer has been nothing short of reprehensible.

We're better than that, DG should tell him if he's not signed on by the time we return for pre season he can find another club that can accommodate him and his ego........why should we wait on him?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
And as the club that allowed his talent to flourish last season I think his treatment of BUFC this summer has been nothing short of reprehensible.

We're better than that, DG should tell him if he's not signed on by the time we return for pre season he can find another club that can accommodate him and his ego........why should we wait on him?

Im pleased you aint my boss. The lad deserves a chance and as already said as a club we arnt waiting for him if we have a replacement before he comes available then ricky moves on but id rather hope he does get a stab at pro

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

Miller is doing what anyone with any sense would do in his position ,  the only difference he has been honest and explained where he stands .   
Furthermore I,ve no idea what wage he was on but I would think you would be hard pushed to find a striker who has given us better value for money than him and Marc Newsham . 

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »
Ridiculous statement Andy.
Ricky has had a fantastic season and has said that he wants to go pro and certainly has the ability.
He does not expect Boston to wait around for him and understand Den is looking for a replacement.
He has praised the club from the manager to the fans.
He loves the club but is at his peak and feels it is his time to play at the highest possible level and has shown nothing but a level headed approach all season and his current comments show nothing but praise and admiration for the club.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
Well done Ricky, well deserved award   8)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
Some people fall for any old crap don't they?

I've said my piece, I think he's taking the pi$$ just like he did 4/5 years ago when he was asking for more and more money and S&H let him go.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 12:25:58 AM »
I cant believe what you've just written!

Congratulations to both Pidge and Ricky, fabulous achievement lads, especially Millers obviously for getting the highest accolade in the league and both totally deserved.........but he's taking the piss?

Don't get it N40's, just don't get it at all mate, you sound very bitter`

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 06:47:02 AM »
WELL done to both players.  if RICKY's agent cant get him a pro club will he not go to the highest bidder were ever it be.
lets hope its with us good luck to him were ever he plays.

footiefan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »

I've said my piece, I think he's taking the pi$$ just like he did 4/5 years ago when he was asking for more and more money and S&H let him go.
Just for your information Ricky was NEVER asking for more money 4/5 years ago. He was absolutely devastated when he was let go, and to this day never knew why.
You sound like a very bitter man, with an axe to grind, but Ricky has given his all to this club on both occaisions; and the only way he will be leaving the club, is if he gets a pro contract. He will NOT be signing for the highest bidder, or holding out for more money. He loves the club and the fans here, and anyone who would begrudge him a chance at becoming professional is very narrow minded and sad individual. :-\

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »
Well said footiefan.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »

Just for your information Ricky was NEVER asking for more money 4/5 years ago. He was absolutely devastated when he was let go, and to this day never knew why.
You sound like a very bitter man, with an axe to grind, but Ricky has given his all to this club on both occaisions; and the only way he will be leaving the club, is if he gets a pro contract. He will NOT be signing for the highest bidder, or holding out for more money. He loves the club and the fans here, and anyone who would begrudge him a chance at becoming professional is very narrow minded and sad individual. :-\

From the info i got it was due to the fact Ricky would have needed more money or a job asap as he would have had to move at the time to stay at Boston, The club could not afford to do this. Just one of those things nobody could win I dont get why it keeps coming up Ricky never asked for anymore than he needed.

My info could be wrong it just what i had hear around the time

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
...I think his behaviour has been nothing short of honourable. The lad clearly has the right to pursue a professional contract, has stated his intention and also added that if this doesn't materialise he'll stay at Boston and give his all.

Really hope Ricky can progress to a higher level....but if not, welcome back to score another 20+ for us next season.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 07:47:24 PM »
...I think his behaviour has been nothing short of honourable. The lad clearly has the right to pursue a professional contract, has stated his intention and also added that if this doesn't materialise he'll stay at Boston and give his all.

Really hope Ricky can progress to a higher level....but if not, welcome back to score another 20+ for us next season.

I agree.
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »

Absolutely. Why shouldn't he hold out for a professional contract? Absolutely anyone in his position would do the same thing. Obviously - and in the nicest possible way! - I hope he doesn't get one as I'll be gutted to see him go, but if he does get an offer then well done and fair play to him. He'll have earnt it through good old fashioned hard work. What's reprehensible about that?