Author Topic: Greene tracking 3 new signings as Miller stalls  (Read 13201 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greene tracking 3 new signings as Miller stalls
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:11 AM »
Can't argue with the boys comments or really question his motives or ambition can we, he understandably wants to be a prof footballer and if by some chance he doesn't get an opportunity to do it before the season starts he'll re-sign, all things considered, don't think we can ask more from the boy

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
Can't argue with the boys comments or really question his motives or ambition can we, he understandably wants to be a prof footballer and if by some chance he doesn't get an opportunity to do it before the season starts he'll re-sign, all things considered, don't think we can ask more from the boy

For the good of our club though there must be a deadline, so we can play for life with or without him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
Agree, as not so long ago young Vinno was slaughtered in the press as an agent turned his head, whats different in this case. Ricky, and rightly so is having trials and good luck to him but isnt this a case of double standards when he isn't given a deadline.

Anyway good luck to them both, just for the sake of the club treat all players the same else its begins to look like a previous management way of dealing with players.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 11:48:46 PM »
I dont think a deadline is needed, Boston are looking to replace miller if a replacment is not found and miller hasnt got a pro club then he stays.

P.S Theres more to the vinno story that aint in the public domain and it never will be but it is what it is

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »
I dont think a deadline is needed, Boston are looking to replace miller if a replacment is not found and miller hasnt got a pro club then he stays.

P.S Theres more to the vinno story that aint in the public domain and it never will be but it is what it is

I agree the lad could not stay.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
Agree, as not so long ago young Vinno was slaughtered in the press as an agent turned his head, whats different in this case. Ricky, and rightly so is having trials and good luck to him but isnt this a case of double standards when he isn't given a deadline.

Anyway good luck to them both, just for the sake of the club treat all players the same else its begins to look like a previous management way of dealing with players.

Vinno ts under contract , Miller isnt .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »

I thought they were both under contract until the end of the season (just gone)?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »

Miller is now out of contract ,  Vinno (under 23) has presumably been offered a new contract .
I thought they were both under contract until the end of the season (just gone)?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »
Miller is now out of contract ,  Vinno (under 23) has presumably been offered a new contract .
They are both out of contract, but Vince has been retained due to his age so we receive compensation. This doesn't force him to sign any contract we offer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 08:38:51 PM »
They are both out of contract, but Vince has been retained due to his age so we receive compensation. This doesn't force him to sign any contract we offer.

Correct , Milleris free do do what he likes .  If Vinno whats to move he has to find a club prerared to pay compo .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:11 AM »
I stand with his dad at all matches and rang him for an up date, hopefully not speaking out of turn here, but he reiterated that Rik just wants to be a professional footballer that's it,end of, and will do anything and everything he can to achieve it. He's down the gym every day sometimes twice a day and though he will be gutted if a full time team doesn't come in for him pre-season equally if they don't and the club still want him he will have absolutely no problem coming back to Boston. He loves the club, gets on well with DG and the chairman, and loves the supporters but he's 25 and its about what he could achieve, its about dreams, its about providing for his girlfriend and their little boy who between them have completely changed him, and its not a question of stalling at all. Going on holiday this weekend so nothing will happen imminently the only way he could ever see rik playing for another team in this league is if Boston didn't want him. The thought of playing in front of a few hundred supporters after Boston would kill him doesn't matter how much they paid him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »
On a different note. No new signings that we were expecting this week.. have they fallen through??

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 07:18:54 AM »
Im a self confessed happy clapper but I'm starting to get a little concernd that teams expected to be in the shake up are making several good quality conference/conf prem signings but we arent seeing anything to inspire me. I know theres loads of time before the new season but it looks like we just cant compete financially with several clubs in this league for players. Harrogate, Hednesford look very strong already, please BUFC lets a have a few signings even if its the existing squad that have been offered terms, the 2 signed up players, Pidge and Southwell wont win us many games on their own.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »
I share your concerns hozzer..

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 09:12:34 AM »
Not so much concerned as frustrated by the hype, and no resulting signings for the second week running.
Lets keep it in house until they have signed on the dotted line, even Trinity have finished squad building.