Author Topic: Greene tracking 3 new signings as Miller stalls  (Read 13226 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
Greene tracking 3 new signings as Miller stalls
« on: June 02, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »
Boston United boss Dennis Greene is planning to tie up a trio of eye-catching signings this week.

Read more: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Dennis-Greene-tracking-new-signings-Ricky-Miller/story-21175510-detail/story.html?uuuu#ixzz33SzrWBI3

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greene tracking 3 new signings as Miller stalls
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:33:29 PM »
I hope Miller signs, but he has a record for switching clubs.  Come on Ricky show some loyalty :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »
 Oh well, Lets get someone else in and let him go.

Scott and hurst had the same thing happen to them from a couple of players that we really needed. They stalled so they withdrew the offer and showed them the door. That season we came up so goodbye and good luck.

And before anyone says i am a fan of miller and i think it be a massive loss but as a team we need to build and know what we need to rebuild the sooner the better. so if any player is stalling at the mo id be showing them the door.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »
lets hope he gets his players this time. re miller--he had a very good year for us last year, much better than I expected. But if he can get more money and go elsewhere, for a better team fair enough, at least one league further up. If he goes to one of the so called money clubs in our league -- then good riddance to him

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »
Everyone hopes Miller signs, but its still 3,4 weeks even before pre-season begins so there is plenty of time yet, and if he does go and its to a higher placed team, and full time we cant compete with that, and surely we would all have to wish him well thank him for what he gave us this year and then move on. Different debate if he took the cash from say a Ferriby now that would be a kick in the wobbly bits, but who could see that happening? If he isn't with us next year it will surely be because a Conf Prem, Div 2 or even a Div 1 club have offered him his opportunity

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »
No I think the only way ricky will leave us is for a pro club and if that happens fair play to the lad and good luck. We will just have to wait and see I guess..

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:07:27 AM »
He'll go where he can get the most money, and that won't be Boston.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
He'll go where he can get the most money, and that won't be Boston.

Maybe not as quickly as he did last time.  The grass isn't always greener, maybe Ricky might have learnt that.  Better to be a Newsham and carve out a good career at a big non league club than be a flash in the pan for a season, make a move and disappear back to Sleaford again.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
He has given a damn lot to Boston this last season. If he goes it will be upwards and good luck if that is the case. I can't see that he would go to a rival just for a higher wage. Different chap to that of previous in my view. Go on Ricky put pen to paper!!

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
I agree with the sentiment that if he can go to a pro team in the Skrill Prem (even Lincoln) then that is a step forward for him and fair enough.

however if he goes chasing a quick buck at NFU or somewhere equivalent then i have little time for him and one stark warning to him of someone else who recently did that from us - Mark Jones.  Look where he is now!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »
For those who don't follow him, he's looking for a pro club - if he doesn't get one, he's signing for BUFC.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 02:16:23 PM »
For those who don't follow him, he's looking for a pro club - if he doesn't get one, he's signing for BUFC.

I think thats fair enough.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »

Hope so :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late