Author Topic: This is disturbing O/T  (Read 10431 times)

Steviemas

• View Profile
Re: This is disturbing O/T
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
Then where do you draw the line on tranquillity, I live 50 yards from a factory in kirton and put up with the monotonous drone of the lorry fridges running through the night, do I have a case that my health is being seriously impaired by this or is the decibel level of a football match once or twice a week more detrimental, interesting  question, any lawyers on here.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »
Signed
Conversely, don't the residents ot Tytton Lane have a  point in their objection to having a football ground thrust upon them, a facility that will disturb their tranquility?

Maybe they could relocate to York Street?

We finding a extra 5000 fans from somewhere, Looking at the plans we will have to be real noisy as theres a fair distance between us and them.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »
Then where do you draw the line on tranquillity, I live 50 yards from a factory in kirton and put up with the monotonous drone of the lorry fridges running through the night, do I have a case that my health is being seriously impaired by this or is the decibel level of a football match once or twice a week more detrimental, interesting  question, any lawyers on here.
[/quote)

Troll alert.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
Signed
Conversely, don't the residents ot Tytton Lane have a  point in their objection to having a football ground thrust upon them, a facility that will disturb their tranquility?

The planning dept will have that one covered, they will attach a noise condition to the consent.
If anyone complains they will send Officers to measure the offending noise.
If its too noisy nobody will ever be any the wiser as they will just say there is no breach of the noise condition...
its perfect in its simplicity, and works every time for them  :dan

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
signed

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 10:55:23 PM »
Then where do you draw the line on tranquillity,

I'm no lawyer, but I know that Article 8 of the Human Rights Act puts the Council under an obligation to protect you from harm, including environmental pollution. If the noise is disturbing your sleep it is worth getting it checked by an acoustician  8)

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
Council reply will be "Must be a good reason for the interference with the right and the interference must be proportionate, I.e, it should be no more than necessary.  If there is an alternative less intrusive way of achieving the same aim, then the alternative measure should be used". In a nutshell there wasn't a more intrusive and alternative solution, we lost. ;)

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »
Maybe they should have a word with the Americans and move the speedway onto Mildenhall Airforce base. No complaint would be upheld against our occupying lords and masters.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »
This is Milldenhall Stadium, next to ----------------------------------------------------------Milldenhall and Lakenheath air bases,  makes it even more stupid.  The thing is they no longer live in the bungalow.  I will try and find a link and post.  They need 100,000 signatures a long way to go.

Keep up the goodwork Dip !

I,m learning to play the drums , rather than getting hassle from the whole street I,m going to move out to isolated Fosdyke .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
This is Milldenhall Stadium, next to ----------------------------------------------------------Milldenhall and Lakenheath air bases,  makes it even more stupid.  The thing is they no longer live in the bungalow.  I will try and find a link and post.  They need 100,000 signatures a long way to go.

Keep up the goodwork Dip !

I,m learning to play the drums , rather than getting hassle from the whole street I,m going to move out to isolated Fosdyke .

You know you are welcome any time mate.  At least you have stopped playing those bloody bagpipes ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »
Signed

We finding a extra 5000 fans from somewhere, Looking at the plans we will have to be real noisy as theres a fair distance between us and them.

Really? You must be looking at a different map to me. The proposed ground backs directly onto at least 6 properties with about another 20 adjacent.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »
Council reply will be "Must be a good reason for the interference with the right and the interference must be proportionate, I.e, it should be no more than necessary.  If there is an alternative less intrusive way of achieving the same aim, then the alternative measure should be used". In a nutshell there wasn't a more intrusive and alternative solution, we lost. ;)

Never believe what Council Officers tell you Steviemas  :-X
If it is impairing your health get it checked independently, the Council will always avoid taking any action unless they are forced to  :o

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The older I get, the earlier it gets late