Author Topic: team selection  (Read 3874 times)

james

• View Profile
team selection
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »
do you reckon we'll go out in a 'first choice' eleven tomorrow.

or maybe a few changes with the fringe players given a go.

won the last few games but i think tomorrow is a tough game, chorley will be up for this one

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
Re: team selection
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
chorley will be up for this one

Every team is up for playing Boston ***FACT***.

Other teams and Fans do accuse our club and fans of thinking the club is bigger than it is but apart from a very small minority of Boston fans that believe this it could not be any further from the truth. Its infact the other teams and fans which we play that get this into their mind set.

It would be good to progress and do well in the cup and maybe get a home tie against a well supported Conf prem club in the latter stages of the cup to bring in extra income. As long as this isn't doesn't hinder the league form.

I would want to win the game, like any other really! but it maybe worth trying a couple fringe players in there just for the managers to get an impression on the ones that haven't played, players like Jackson, Kennedy, maybe Jamie Clarke and Dorothy Cotton too.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:30:42 AM »

Giving consideration to the Financial implications the Club finds itself in presently with
 the ground rent increase debt to find, the F.A.Trophy, our equivalent to the F.A.Cup for
 non league sides is a must for increased revenue albeit not as much as the FA Cup but
 progression in that competion will never get you to the final.The Trophy is very much a
 winnable competion therefore progress needs to be made in every round and as a
 result of that ambition and revenue the strongest side in the Managements opinion will
 have to take to the field.

Results have turned for us in the league but that was always going to happen as football
 is a real leveller and over a season you will always get the rub of the green in your favour
 at times and against you also. It will be the Man Management skills of Scott and Hurst
 that will dictate where our season will go but winning sides breeds confidence within the
 squad, so i see no reason why there should be any changes in personel from the three
 previous league fixtures.Fringe players will have to be patient and bide their time and
 although this can be frustrating for them an opportunity will come their way and if given
 the chance should take it................................
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »
Agree with the above go with the strongest 11 as its not only the extra money we will get from a cup run (which we need) but the determination to do aswell as possible in every competiton we are in; which in my opinion is also the mind set of the managers.

Strongest team for me would be the team that played v Worksop with Cully coming in for Wood and Suarez in for Jackson on the bench.

1 Evans
2 Parker
3 Cullingworth
4 Church
5 Pearson
6 Cannoville
7 Camm
8 Sleath
9 Davidson
10 Newsham
11 Yates

12 Suarez
13 Butcher
14 Cotton
15 Clarke
16 Wood

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
Must progress 4  income . .need someon like Austin back . .he gets the high balls down .  .

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:35:30 PM »
There's no way that the managers would dare not to play their first 11 today, we need the money too much.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »
chorley will be up for this one

Every team is up for playing Boston ***FACT***.

Other teams and Fans do accuse our club and fans of thinking the club is bigger than it is but apart from a very small minority of Boston fans that believe this it could not be any further from the truth. Its infact the other teams and fans which we play that get this into their mind set.

It would be good to progress and do well in the cup and maybe get a home tie against a well supported Conf prem club in the latter stages of the cup to bring in extra income. As long as this isn't doesn't hinder the league form.

I would want to win the game, like any other really! but it maybe worth trying a couple fringe players in there just for the managers to get an impression on the ones that haven't played, players like Jackson, Kennedy, maybe Jamie Clarke and Dorothy Cotton too.
i bet you think the clubs bigger than it was now dont ya mate  ;D
"till saturday comes"