Author Topic: SWD to leave Boston United  (Read 3600 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: SWD to leave Boston United
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:07 PM »
Best wishes to Spencer , played a vital part in the team up to the end of last season but now is the correct time to move on .   

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
Always like him as a player. At times he looks like an really good player, just not consistent enough. One of those players that looks like he's going to kick on and become a better player and score 30 goals a season but never does. All the best Spence. Busy time striker shopping for DG!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »
One of the few lads who can hold his hands up and always say he gave his best for BUFC..........he wasn't always the class act he was under S&H but he was a 100%-er, not too many of those about.

Good luck to him, he'd be an asset next season even as a squad player, but he wants regular 1st team football, and sadly for him thats not going to happen here now. 

petertaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 06:20:09 PM »
Good luck to Spencer. Always gave his best for the team. I think he has made the right decision.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
Ashley Timms tweeted yesterday that Boston have offered Stefan Moore £450 (take home) a week for next season? Possible we are after him as he has proved himself at this level and has played for Greene before but doubt we have offered him quite that much money.

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
Timms is a Dick done nothing but stir shit on Twitter since he left

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
AGREED, guessing that is why no one posted about Moore before now. Wouldn't be a bad signing though to compliment Newsh and hopefully Miller.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
GOOD luck to you SWD.  its better players leave now than be shipped to K/LYNN later.

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »
Would be a good signing but how would timms know I can't see his tweets anymore cos he blocked me

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »
Would be a good signing but how would timms know I can't see his tweets anymore cos he blocked me

Thankfully no one else will see it either as no one else cares about him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 07:53:04 AM »
Ashley Timms tweeted yesterday that Boston have offered Stefan Moore £450 (take home) a week for next season? Possible we are after him as he has proved himself at this level and has played for Greene before but doubt we have offered him quite that much money.

Not as strange possibility as one would think actually, didn't Greene sign him for a five figure sum at St Neots when they were in the UCL and when they had plenty of money and then pay him a reputed four figure weekly wage, and when leaving Leamington would have paid him similarly and Brackley aren't exactly known for being tight are they, but wouldn't have thought he would move for £450 expenses, his motto does appear to be 'have great and proven scoring record' and will travel!

As for SWD, good luck to the lad wherever he ends up, was once a super player for us and always very popular but like others probably think the timing for both is probably right.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »
SWD WILL return!! One of the best players ever to grace the Conference North.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"