Author Topic: Pre-season , Spalding away  (Read 3275 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Pre-season , Spalding away
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:12:32 PM »
Spalding away penciled in for Tues the 15th July.  Its confirmed on Their website, so some added interest with the ex Pilgrims that are with the Tulips currently. 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-season , Spalding away
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »
Is Chris 'feck all' Hall still there?

I'd dispute your use of the word 'Pilgrim' there and replace it with 'shadow chasing waste of a shirt who summed up the Jason Lee era in one player'

It used to be a good laugh going there in the 80's for a PSF, I remember the legend that was Devon White scoring with a header where he literally cleared the stand with his jump to nod it in to salvage a face saving draw one August afternoon.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
YAWN  :dan

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »
I always felt a bit sorry for Chris Hall. Used to cop a load of abuse from Boston fans and seemed genuinely affected by it, which suggests he wasn't a piss-taker....?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »
I always felt a bit sorry for Chris Hall. Used to cop a load of abuse from Boston fans and seemed genuinely affected by it, which suggests he wasn't a piss-taker....?

Always did a good job i thought. Is a player in the Ross mold, not pretty at times but is an engine in midfield.
But for some " fans ", unless we are top of whichever league we are in and signing 3 grand a week players they will not be happy. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »

Always did a good job i thought. Is a player in the Ross mold, not pretty at times but is an engine in midfield.
But for some " fans ", unless we are top of whichever league we are in and signing 3 grand a week players they will not be happy.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 05:32:27 PM »

Some good points made ,  I thought Hall was poor but compared to one of the mid-fielders TT was left with by the previous regime Hall was an absolute bargain .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

Prior to joining Boston, I'm pretty sure Chris Hall had spent his entire career as a winger. For some reason though when he joined us, Lee Canoville and Jason Lee decided that his future lay in the middle of the park, and tried to convert him into a central midfielder. I don't think he ever had a good game for us in that position, but equally I agree that the stick directed at him wasn't really warranted. I think you have to ask questions of the managers in terms of why he was playing there in the first place.

Hall's best game for Boston came away from home at Blyth Spartans. That was the one game I remember where he played for us as a winger, and where he did beat his full-back on two or three occasions and got crosses into the box. I thought he was our best player that afternoon. Trouble was, everyone else was dire and we lost the game 1-0 against a team which I think was bottom of the table at the time. Next match, Hall was back in the centre of midfield!