Author Topic: Lincolnshire League "title decider"  (Read 2353 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Lincolnshire League "title decider"
« on: May 03, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
Thankfully the League title is to be decided, at least for the moment, on the pitch today rather than by its League Committee - although resignations and points adjustments have heavily manipulated this year's competition to farcical proportions. Skegness Town are playing CGB Humbertherm at Fulstow today in a must win match for the Lillywhites. I personally hope that Skeggy win as they have been the most consistent team in the League and they are a good bunch of lads with ex-Pilgrim Liam Parker being their star man. If the Lillywhites fail to win then Hykeham will be League winners (or should be as per the current table standings!).  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lincolnshire League "title decider"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 06:34:03 PM »
Congratulations to Skegness Town FC on winning the Lincolnshire League title after their 3-0 win today over CGB Humbertherm!!!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
Were Boston in with a shout ?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 10:49:28 PM »
Boston United Reserves finished 5th  - but to be fair, we were robbed of goods points and goal difference by League Committee following withdrawals from the competition. Skegness Town were the most consistent team in the League and deserved to win it. I sincerely hope they have the opportunity to defend their title next season - but there is a real possibility that this will be a "dormant" tournament in 2014-15 due to lack of teams.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:19:02 PM by Burgh Boy »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
Agree with you BB,Skegness were a solid unit and played some neat football.. The withdrawal of that mob from Leicestershire cost us 6 points and a lot of goals which saw us drop down the table..

Hope it isn't the end of the League and that they scrutinize teams more before allowing them in...

For a bunch of "kids" so to speak we did well,as I have said before some of the teams they were playing were full of meat and muscle but they stood up to them so credit to them,Nige and his staff,entertaining season which was slightly hampered at times with players going out on loan,even drafting in two keepers when Sam and Chewy were called up to the first team.....

Hope it isn't the end otherwise I will have nothing to do half the season lol