Author Topic: Play offs  (Read 5585 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Play offs
« on: May 03, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »
Could be weeping and wailing in NF tonight. ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Play offs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:01:21 PM »
Oh dear,what a shame NOT..... Another team with the spend it all on promotion get nowhere just like tinpot... Wonder if a certain ex player will move on for another big payday???

We may not have got promoted ourselves but it sure is nice to put one over on the so called big boys :)

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 06:42:06 PM »
[quote author=Crazy Neil link=topic=5262.msg71499#msg71499 date=1399yourselvesonOh dear,what a shame NOT..... Another team with the spend it all on promotion get nowhere just like tinpot... Wonder if a certain ex player will move on for another big payday???

We may not have got promoted ourselves but it sure is nice to put one over on the so called big boys :)
[/quote]

I don't know why you lot keep going on about teams being bankrolled, Mr Newton has bankrolled your team all season and will continue to do so.

Surely not sour grapes is it? because you couldn't even make the play-offs yourselves.

Players will always be mercenaries for money, get over it.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »
There is a difference between actively cutting down a loss (Newton) and bankrolling a team (Trinity under Swann, and now Ferriby/Guiseley). BUFC are in a much better financial position now, than in 2007. Are Trinity better without Swann? What will happen to NFU without their money? Look at how Histon are falling back through the leagues.

No sour grapes, it's just that football should be played on grass and not in the boardroom.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
Well put pilgrim86. Mr newton may well be putting money into our club but he is building the club up in the right way and not just ploughing his money into the playing budget. Village teams with money will end in tears for sure!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 07:27:46 PM »
Sometimes you have to spend money to save money - i.e. investing in the community program should see more youngsters available for the youth teams, and hopefully come through the system. It also gives awareness of the club to more adults, in a wider area.

It's exactly why the big clubs are allowed to offset losses against investment in infrastructure. I actually admire Man City's plans (under construction) for their new training/youth/community base.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 09:03:31 PM »
It's all well and good condemning North Ferriby for their financial status but who are we having a go at ? It's not the fans fault. If the same thing happened to BUFC we would probably just have to get on with it.

DL

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
There is a difference between actively cutting down a loss (Newton) and bankrolling a team (Trinity under Swann, and now Ferriby/Guiseley). BUFC are in a much better financial position now, than in 2007. Are Trinity better without Swann? What will happen to NFU without their money? Look at how Histon are falling back through the leagues.

No sour grapes, it's just that football should be played on grass and not in the boardroom.

Interesting, but total tosh

BUFC are increasing their accrued debt (bigger playing budget than you can afford) every season under Chestnuts ownership
You have no assets and a debt of around £2m. The fact that the losses are reduced in a marginally successful season just papers over the cracks.

BUFC's future is dependent on getting planning permission for hundreds of houses, and a new ground that you will not own.
This doesn't suggest a healthy financial position

As for Trinity, they are in a better financial situation (balance sheet wise) than under Swann- currently no debts (no overdraft) but a much reduced budget is reflected in playing strength

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 09:44:46 PM »

Actively cutting down a loss is just a fancy name for bankrolling a club as well you know, a wealthy individual propping a football club up is what it is.

Are Trinity better off without PS?..Financially of course not, that's obvious, but we just have to carry on.

We hope things on the pitch will vastly improve next season, with or without a sugar daddy.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »
The only shame today is that we'll still have to play those two horrible soul less hobby clubs again next season........in a way I'd like to have seen Ferriby promoted just to see them and Yeates torn a new one every week in the Conference. The day they slide back into the UCL & NCEL League respectively can't come soon enough........I can see me not warming to AFC Nail Fylde next term too, what exactly is a Fylde? It sounds like a tram stop on the Blackpool tram........ >:(

I sat and watched Grimsby v Gateshead on Thursday and the quality was head and shoulders above what we've seen this season.........not a criticism of BUFC, more a warning of what to expect if we do somehow get our act together.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 12:05:15 PM »
BUFC are increasing their accrued debt (bigger playing budget than you can afford) every season under Chestnuts ownership
You have no assets and a debt of around £2m. The fact that the losses are reduced in a marginally successful season just papers over the cracks.
The debt is owed mainly to Chestnut Homes. Who owns BUFC? Chestnut Homes. There would be no benefit to Chestnut Homes in writing this debt off in their accounts.

Actively cutting down a loss is just a fancy name for bankrolling a club as well you know
I think you totally misunderstand who David Newton is. If we were being bankrolled, I think we'd be spending a lot more money on players (including transfer fees) - enticing the better players from the closer clubs at the same level. Remember when you used to do that? Now it's NFU who do it.

If our chairman was a sugardaddy, why would he attempt to reduce the loss? What would be the point? If he just wanted to plough money into the club, why bother with the enabling developments for the new stadium? He would just build it out of his own cash, surely?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
Newtons a savvy business man, he knows you can't just chop into the club to cut losses down to zero.  He is Slowly turning the good ship in the right direction rather than pulling the plug and hoping it stays afloat.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.