Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 10407 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Season Tickets
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 07:20:27 AM »
Picky - it wasn't a moan - just an observation. Just not so straightforward to get to Boston in a 3 week window for me. My next visit was planned for the second week of June.

KON - if you can arrange a freebie that would be great :) Can you ask DN for a season ticket structure that rewards those that have been most loyal ?

DL

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »
Picky - it wasn't a moan - just an observation. Just not so straightforward to get to Boston in a 3 week window for me. My next visit was planned for the second week of June.

DL

Why do you have to visit Boston to order a new season ticket?

It's possible to buy one and pay for it using your phone - they won't be ready for collection for weeks.

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
I believe DL has a point, there is precious little loyalty to customers nowadays whether it be car/household insurance or staying with an energy provider it's like we are taken for granted. I think it would be good customer service from BUFC to give a little extra back to loyal season ticket holders.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
I believe DL has a point, there is precious little loyalty to customers nowadays whether it be car/household insurance or staying with an energy provider it's like we are taken for granted. I think it would be good customer service from BUFC to give a little extra back to loyal season ticket holders.

I can make it to YS in less than 3 weeks with my zimmerframe , surely young blokes can manage to organise a way to meet the deadline .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »

How would that encourage new season ticket buyers?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
GHM - are you making the assumption that all season ticket holders / supporters live in Boston ? My match day involves 3 hours of driving.

DL

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »
GHM - are you making the assumption that all season ticket holders / supporters live in Boston ? My match day involves 3 hours of driving.

DL

Can,t you get a friend in Boston to purchase it for you ?   

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »

DL

Can't you get a friend in Boston to purchase it for you ?

GHM - no I can't. I haven't lived in Boston for years. I have a grandparent there still but he is over 90 now and doesn't get out of the house much. There doesn't seem to be much understanding for the supporter that lives afar here. I think the right thing to do would have been to make the tickets available at the last home game.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
What percentage of season ticket holders live outside of Lincolnshire?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »

How would that encourage new season ticket buyers?

Tash - you can't please everyone but how about they discounted prices for those that purchase early but then enhance the discount or give some additional benefit if the loyalty stretches over a number of years ? New season ticket holders will ultimately be encouraged by the results on the pitch. How on earth do you encourage the retention of the existing 'pay up front' customers ?

DL

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
The comparison

Relating a football season ticket to the above is ridiculous, if you don't like the terms of sales with the ticket it is your choice you don't have to purchase it. Utilities and car insurance are a must have.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 12:35:19 AM »

DL

GHM - no I can't. I haven't lived in Boston for years. I have a grandparent there still but he is over 90 now and doesn't get out of the house much. There doesn't seem to be much understanding for the supporter that lives afar here. I think the right thing to do would have been to make the tickets available at the last home game.

DL

I still don't see what difference it makes how far you live away from Boston.
Why can't you phone and order a new season ticket over the phone.  That's how I order & pay for my season ticket.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 06:36:08 AM »

DL

DL

Why can't you phone and order a new season ticket over the phone.  That's how I order & pay for my season ticket.

Artemis, because, as I pointed out earlier, I don't have that option.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 07:00:03 AM »
What, you don't have access to a phone?

??? ???

If you want one do a money transfer and I'll collect one for you, either that or send me a cheque...........I can't believe there isn't a simple solution to this..........

I'm not getting a Season ticket purely on that basis its a struggle to get to midweek games with babysitting arrangements, however the club get more from me on a 'pay on the gate' basis than if I bought one, so they benefit. I missed 1 game last season as I was lucky with people helping out, but with Dad approaching 81 this month he's on about not renewing as driving in the dark is a problem, so thats my childcare gone if mum can't come.

£185 is a bargain though, in different circumstances I'd be at the front of the queue.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »

DL

DL

Artemis, because, as I pointed out earlier, I don't have that option.

I just can't see your problem. Telephone your order through to Maureen/John, pay over the phone, pick it up at the first home game of next season.  Why is that not "an option"?