Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 9399 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained List
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 07:57:19 AM »
King
Vince
Pidge
Garner
Galinski
Steer
Mills
Marshall
Agnew (if another loan is possible)
Dowie
Konadu
McGhee
Milnes
Miller
Newsham

Nearly everyone for me but i honestly don't think we need alot more, Is marrs still a free agent? id love to see him black

If you honestly feel that wez which is fine then we can only go in one direction and that would be down as logically all other teams will look by to strengthen and improve. We havebtondo the same which means at least 5/6,new faces will be needed

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 08:18:45 AM »
THERE on about doing all they can to keep our best plays and the only way is money so the rest will have to settle for minimum wage me thinks.
like many more I pay to see MILLERS goals so for us to keep him our much will his agent want??
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:46:59 AM by miele »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »
King
Vince
Pidge
Garner
Galinski
Steer
Mills
Marshall
Dowie
Konadu
McGhee
Milnes
Miller
Newsham

Nearly everyone for me but i honestly don't think we need alot more, Is marrs still a free agent? id love to see him black

If you honestly feel that wez which is fine then we can only go in one direction and that would be down as logically all other teams will look by to strengthen and improve. We havebtondo the same which means at least 5/6,new faces will be needed
However, the other way to look at it is that this squad lost 1 of the last 10 games, and picked up better results away from home than earlier in the season. Would we have made the play offs with this squad all season?

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 09:53:36 AM »
My retained list would be...

King
Pidge
Milnes
Newsh
Milller
McGhee
Konadu
Marshall
Steer

Garner for me is a possible, I just have a feeling there might be someone better to play with Pidge, we conceded too may goals this season.
Jurys out on Mills and Dowie, for me Dowie seems decent but not good enough. We have seen the best from SWD but I think he is possibly past this now.
Cant see Agnew coming back and I think Vince will move on, would love to sign Marrs but I can see a league club picking him up.
Will Sanders still be here? If he is then he is not Conference North standard and will probably go out on loan to gain more experience. With regard to Steer and Konadu they kind of go hand in hand with them being London based, would be nice to re-sign Churchy with him being London based too.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »
King
Piergianni
Garner
Galinski (a young lad with a promising future and has always been professional this season.  Never complained about not getting regular starts and when he has played i have been impressed)
Steer
Mills
McGhee
Junior
Miller
Newsham
Marshall (without doubt the most improved player this season for me)
Dowie (after his first game i couldn't see why green signed him but since then i think he has been a solid performer)

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »
King
Vince
Pidge
Garner
Galinski
Steer
Mills
Marshall
Dowie
Konadu
McGhee
Milnes
Miller
Newsham

However, the other way to look at it is that this squad lost 1 of the last 10 games, and picked up better results away from home than earlier in the season. Would we have made the play offs with this squad all season?
as p86 says the end of season squad would have more then likely seen us finish higher if we had them the whole season which is mainly why I'm happy, I'd probably class 7/8 of them as guaranteed starters so room for a couple of new signings to improve the team plus some decent players still here as back up, this if the budget allows mind!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
IF only PIERGIANNI as signed at this stage that's not good news surely.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 07:05:56 PM »
IF only PIERGIANNI as signed at this stage that's not good news surely.
its less then a week since the season finished, I believe the pidge deal was only done this quick as he's gone to Asia for 6 weeks

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 05:43:14 PM »
I wonder if that was courtesy of his signing on bonus! ;D

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »
My retained list would be...

King
Pidge
Milnes
Newsh
Milller
McGhee
Konadu
Marshall
Steer

Garner for me is a possible, I just have a feeling there might be someone better to play with Pidge, we conceded too may goals this season.
Jurys out on Mills and Dowie, for me Dowie seems decent but not good enough. We have seen the best from SWD but I think he is possibly past this now.
Cant see Agnew coming back and I think Vince will move on, would love to sign Marrs but I can see a league club picking him up.
Will Sanders still be here? If he is then he is not Conference North standard and will probably go out on loan to gain more experience. With regard to Steer and Konadu they kind of go hand in hand with them being London based, would be nice to re-sign Churchy with him being London based too.

Isn't it fascinating, opinions? I personally think Dowie, first game apart has been bloody excellent, and yes I get your point about Garner, whose form if we are being brutally honest disappeared somewhat in the last 6,7 weeks.
As Sanders wasn't getting paid for most of the season, and as a youngster where the Bosman ruling was meant to benefit but clearly doesn't, his 'contract' will one assumes be tiny and many local clubs would surely take the lad. I also agree thgough it pains to say it, I too unfortunately dont think we will see Agnew or the mega impressive Marrs in a Boston shirt again

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 06:34:12 PM »
I would go for

Mills-- Garner-- Piergianni--Galinski
McGhee-- Marshall--Dowie-- Milnes
Newsham.

I think we need a new goalkeeper
A new left back
2 bigger stronger midfield players
2 new forwards-one of them a target man.

Plus a few other squad members.

Sides that have done particularly well in this league always look physically stronger than we are, especially in away performances, which is really why we did not get into the play offs.

Difficult to let some players go, but turnover always happens. I am not totally against retaining King, but I think there will be a lot better and bigger keepers around, Steer again did not let us down, but was hardly a left back, Konadu is a luxury and not strong enough. I am working on the basis that Miller will try and move on.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »
So Greene has announced who will be staying and it looks promising.
Players either signed or offered deals:

King

Pidge, Garner, Mills, Galinski, Steer, Marshall

Dowie, Konadu, McGhee

Newsham, Miller and Sanders

IF Miller, Dowie and Konadu sign up that would give us 12 (I have omitted Vince as can't see him staying.)

All being well 13 players retained means that Greene can take time to find the best possible players available. I think we will still need another goalie, left sided midfielder, one/two central midfielders and a forward.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »
IF that's your defence then theres 2 def. weak links GALINSKI and MARSHALL.
as anyone seen KONADU play a full game.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »
IF that's your defence then theres 2 def. weak links GALINSKI and MARSHALL.
as anyone seen KONADU play a full game.
Galinski is obviously back up, as he was this season. And I'd expect Marshall to occupy his midfield position as he did so impressively this season.

Thankfully, you don't get to choose who stays and who doesn't!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »
THATS fair enough if you think they are key players.
what about KONADU is he a must as well?