Author Topic: Season over and still mediocrity.....time for the man at the top to go?  (Read 14792 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Season over and still mediocrity.....time for the man at the top to go?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »
They all do you cretinous lump. That is the point.  If fans decided not to purchase season tickets then it would destabilise a lot of football clubs and John Blackwell would not be able to go to Skeggy on holiday. 

So why purchase a product unseen?  Pay as you go and then if the club performs, people will continue to pay and watch match by match.

The club effectively gets payment by results :dan 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:42:54 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »
They all do you cretinous lump.

Sorry, Ken, but there was widespread support for Scouse Pilgrim being banned a short while back. Why wasn't that implemented? He's now resorting to personal insults aimed at other posters. Surely this has to be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Ban him now, please.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 05:02:06 PM »
oh come come YSP!!    SP has seen a lot lot  worse on here and this is never sanctioned.

(ok I take back the insult to John Blackwell - he probably goes to Cleethorpes)

Are you a member of UKIP or something?  :bunny
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:04:23 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »
Wrong.  Season tickets are sold early or otherwise the club would not be able to pay wages during the close season.

Usually, only non-playing staff are paid during the summer. Playing contracts tend to run between August and April/May, unless they are full time (then it will be July 1st - June 30th). Non-contracts definitely do not get paid in the summer,.

Also, some clubs at lower levels don't offer season tickets - there would be no point, when they'd sell about 30, and it costs 4 quid a game to get in anyway. Not worth the admin!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
Ken I am with YSP, on this one that was a way out of order, uncalled, offensive and somewhat venomous remark to make to Artemis!!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
I feel 'cretinous lump' is very low level abuse in my vocabulary!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Seenbetter

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 10:01:09 PM »
It may seem low level abuse to some but if he called me that I would not be very happy. Anyway, perhaps he is just showing off his spelling ability by using such a long word, the word 'lump' can be a bit of a challenge to some.

petertaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »
I will definitely be renewing my season ticket at Boston United.
It represents good value and demonstrates support. It's called loyalty SP   :-)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 07:02:09 AM »
Any idea when season tickets are likely to become available ? I would be hoping for no increase in last season's price !!

DL

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »
It has been a very progressive season. Dennis has brought in some really good players and got us playing some good football again. We have excellent ownership and management. Can't wait for next season. It has been far from mediocre. It has been an outstanding season.  :)

It has most certainly been a progressive season Peter, wouldn't argue with that, but then you add, far from mediocre it's been outstanding, which playing DA, it most certainly hasn't, you cant surely have it both ways?
At home we have been really consistent, but missed out on the play offs due to the at times quite awful away displays and results, which I can almost guarantee (without checking I grant you  :D) were actually worse than last year when most would agree we had a very poor season. I rather think had we won as many away games as we did even last season we would have been in the play offs. So probably not quite as rosy as you are suggesting Peter, but for next season, now Pidge has signed I am hopeful others that we all want to see stay will now follow his lead

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »
Pay as you go.  If the club is successful people will come. If not, they wont.

Handing over you hard earned money for a product you know nothing about is madness.

You don't do this in Asda, so why at a football club?  :-*

If no one buys season tickets the club can't start the season, and if you want to go to games regularly to get away from the wife then it's cheaper all around to get a season ticket.

Wrong.  Season tickets are sold early or otherwise the club would not be able to pay wages during the close season. Better financial planning and they would not need to sell (effectively discounted tickets) season tickets and could then charge the full fat price on all seats :dan

Whilst you are obviously an intelligent guy SP, some of your comments show a high degree of ignorance. Like most team sports, but with football supporters particularly they don't buy or re-new season tickets because of the product that may be available they do so out of allegiance and loyalty which whilst being slightly illogical to people of your ilk and bias is in essence what keeps football so special. It's also called supply and demand, if there was no call for season tickets, clubs wouldn't issue them, but because there is it's nearly all clubs at our level and even below do so. Even if there was a product as you describe then it would be the Conference North not our team who just happen to play in it the support of which most give regardless for the reasons mentioned above.
Yes in turn it can obviously help cash flow, but rent apart, with outgoings at a minimum during close season, do you not think as a club run on reasonably sound fiscal principles that money would not be out aside to meet such 'summer' outgoings?
Simply for suggesting they are issued to help pay for players wages during this period also demonstrates and not for the first time an incredulous degree of 'football' ignorance on your part sir, a total lack of understanding on how clubs like ours run. If we have a single player (even Pidge whose signing is fantastic news for the club btw) who will be on a 52 week contract I would be astonished it simply doesn't happen like that. His contract like 99% of all part time football contracts will begin, not even when training starts but when the first league game does 

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 08:14:34 AM »
La stly on the point of season tickets, FC United probably the biggest supported club outside the Conf prem, actually had a system last year where supporters paid what they could afford for their season tickets!
Obviously they inserted a financial caveat where a 'minimum' price was attached but it was well below the normal tariff, and staggeringly after the exercise finished not only had they sold well over a thousand season tickets,taking the average price paid, it demonstrated that far from taking the piss, which a cynic like you would probably  suggest would happen, the supporters across the board had actually paid collectively more than they would have done if the prices had remained set.
That's what NL football is about, what makes it so special, and why as a 'product' hundreds of thousands watch it live week in week out. Have a look at their crowd at the play off's last night and you will see what the 'product' means to them and though for the third year in a row they missed out on joining the conf north I guarantee one thing it will most certainly not deter their wonderful fans from renewing their season tickets next year

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
I wonder why the NHS do a season ticket for prescriptions, mind you they've got that many pen pushers they need to find them something to administer.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »
It may seem low level abuse to some but if he called me that I would not be very happy. Anyway, perhaps he is just showing off his spelling ability by using such a long word, the word 'lump' can be a bit of a challenge to some.

Cretinous lump!  :bunny

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
Whilst you are obviously an intelligent guy SP, some of your comments show a high degree of ignorance. Like most team sports, but with football supporters particularly they don't buy or re-new season tickets because of the product that may be available they do so out of allegiance and loyalty which whilst being slightly illogical to people of your ilk and bias is in essence what keeps football so special.

That is total tosh Mr Grimes.  People buy season tickets because they intend to go to most home matches and it is a lot cheaper (and when they don't go they can give them to a friend to use).  Loyalty!? Tish and pish to you good sir!

It's also called supply and demand, if there was no call for season tickets, clubs wouldn't issue them, but because there is it's nearly all clubs at our level and even below do so. Even if there was a product as you describe then it would be the Conference North not our team who just happen to play in it the support of which most give regardless for the reasons mentioned above.
Yes in turn it can obviously help cash flow, but rent apart, with outgoings at a minimum during close season, do you not think as a club run on reasonably sound fiscal principles that money would not be out aside to meet such 'summer' outgoings?

Money set aside? Sound fiscal principles?! Dave has been subsidising the club form the start by lending it money each year. Without this it would be effectively trading while insolvent.

Simply for suggesting they are issued to help pay for players wages during this period also demonstrates and not for the first time an incredulous degree of 'football' ignorance on your part sir, a total lack of understanding on how clubs like ours run. If we have a single player (even Pidge whose signing is fantastic news for the club btw) who will be on a 52 week contract I would be astonished it simply doesn't happen like that. His contract like 99% of all part time football contracts will begin, not even when training starts but when the first league game does.

Where did SP state "players' wages" he said "pay wages".  Surely Mr Blackwell, and Mr Singleton get paid in the summertime?   There are still business rates to pay or do they go on holiday too?  :bunny
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:40:41 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »