Author Topic: D-Day  (Read 4780 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
D-Day
« on: April 26, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
So its half time on D-Day.

After the early Gloucester goal we came back down to earth with Boyes scoring twice for Guiseley to make that

Guiseley 2 Gloucester 1.

But forget that one for now as to be fair listening on the radio we dont sound like we are going to score so that result will be irelevent to us anyway

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: D-Day
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
Just keep believing  :) ;)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »
oww how fun, Half time so we going to spend 15min talking to every player, tea lady from Lincoln city

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
Boston 1 Down so we need 2 and so do Gloucester so its not good. Really think we need to look at the away games to rectify this for next season as with a half decent away form we would not only have been in the play offs but i think we would have been close to winning the league.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
Make that 2-0. Agree with the radio it is what we deserve

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »
Really poor performance, never looked like scoring and a crap way to end a really entertaining season.

Travelling pilgrims magnificent.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »
I did not go but was listening. And althou i did not expect us to be in the play offs i have to say the manner in which we played as hurt a little

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 09:41:12 PM »
Dreadful performance today. Ok, in the end the result didn't matter but I'm sure the players weren't aware of the Guiseley score during the game. If Guiseley had lost then we DID have an opportunity.

Like Leamington last week and many of the away games this season, I just couldn't make out what our game plan was today. I think Greene was looking to emulate the tactics used against North Ferriby (which obviously worked well) but I think we needed a different set up for Worcester. Their full backs were weak but we hardly exploited them at all during the game. I would have liked to have seen us play with much more width today. In a second half with everything to play for, I think we only created one good chance in the entire half.   

Worcester were good value for their win - even if their stewards were non-league.

DL

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 09:44:01 PM »
Some hard choices to be made, Why we have some awsome players a few of them players just cant play away from york street.
With tight budgets we cant afford to keep those players as we have to look at getting players who can play home and away

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
Was it just the players or was it tactics away from home,if it was just the players then God help us if our home falters.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
Dreadful performance today. Ok, in the end the result didn't matter but I'm sure the players weren't aware of the Guiseley score during the game. If Guiseley had lost then we DID have an opportunity.

Like Leamington last week and many of the away games this season, I just couldn't make out what our game plan was today. I think Greene was looking to emulate the tactics used against North Ferriby (which obviously worked well) but I think we needed a different set up for Worcester. Their full backs were weak but we hardly exploited them at all during the game. I would have liked to have seen us play with much more width today. In a second half with everything to play for, I think we only created one good chance in the entire half.   

Worcester were good value for their win - even if their stewards were non-league.

We don't always see eye to eye DL but you gave the same criticism of the Leamington game as you have here about the total lack of width and I agree 100%. I find it difficult sometimes to understand DGs tactics ie Three central defenders but the fullbacks not pushing up to give the width being cried out for, if it is the players who are not doing what they are supposed to do ( Steer looked to be going through the motions yesterday) then he certainly needs to address that over the summer. Anyway I have enjoyed the season and hope we can hang on to at least six or seven of this years squad with addition of a couple of big strong lads for midfield and up front to give us a few more options.

DL