Author Topic: She ain't singing yet. ....  (Read 11298 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
She ain't singing yet. ....
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
Well done lads for taking it to the last game of the season.

We win, Guiseley lose......simples

Fairfax

• View Profile
Re: She ain't singing yet. ....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »
I hate to be a killjoy, but no way is Gloucester City going to win at Guiseley. Having got that off my chest, I'm going to sit by the window for a week in the desperate hope of seeing a pig flying past.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »
It's hardly impossible. It could happen. It probably won't, but that doesn't mean we give up!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/conference-north/2012-2013    final table last year, points table about right.  So we have no complaints really.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
How many of us would have even entertained the possibility of Guiseley not beating Workington? Anything can still happen,

I also want to pay tribute to the "vocal" North Ferriby "supporters" who really showed us how to get behind your team!   ;D

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »
Fantastic game, well played by all. Their manager was very worried about Konadu, was calling out to his players to watch for the whole time he was on the pitch. Don,t know why he was subbed. Still odds against us getting in play offs but we have lost games that we should have won so perhaps Guisely could do the same. Anyway a good excuse for a day out next Saturday, pub lunch, good game and nice drive back.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 06:54:45 PM »
How many of us would have even entertained the possibility of Guiseley not beating Workington? Anything can still happen,

I also want to pay tribute to the "vocal" North Ferriby "supporters" who really showed us how to get behind your team!   ;D

They were everything you'd expect from a hobby club playing 3 leagues above its natural level, they thought today was their big day out and they were completely in awe of a proper club and its surroundings.

I just hope natural justice now prevails and Telford win the league and Alty go up via the play offs.

We were magnificent.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »
Well played boys, made them look very ordinary for long periods (something we knew from the away game but could't match them for strength.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:33:13 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »
I just hope natural justice now prevails and Telford win the league and Alty go up via the play offs.

If natural justice prevails then Guiseley (another village hobby club) will lose to the big city team from Gloucester. And if that happens I certainly won't be hoping for an Altrincham win in the play-offs.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:40 PM »

If natural justice prevails then Guiseley (another village hobby club) will lose to the big city team from Gloucester. And if that happens I certainly won't be hoping for an Altrincham win in the play-offs.

While I don't doubt for one moment that we won't get a positive result at Kidderminster, backed by anything up to 400 fans, I just can't see Gloucester getting the result we need at Guiseley.

Whatever happens, its been our best season of home form since 1982/3 when we lost 1 home game all season, I'd have bitten your hand off for that in August.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
What a great day at York street today. Great attendance and atmosphere let's hope the fan's turn out in these numbers next season as it makes a massive difference. The lads were first class today. We outplayed them, it's such a shame it has taken DG this long to finally play with two up front as if he had played with these tactics all season we could of won this league never mind the play offs? Still been a fantastic season let's hope for a great day Saturday..

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »
While I don't doubt for one moment that we won't get a positive result at Kidderminster, backed by anything up to 400 fans, I just can't see Gloucester getting the result we need at Guiseley.

Maybe Dennis Greene could get Sunderland to lend Gloucester a few players?

In all seriousness Guiseley are massive favourites. But massive expectation brings about massive pressure. They'll be the ones worrying about Saturday as this week progresses, and the longer Gloucester can keep them out the more restless their one man and his dog crowd will become. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Sides with better pedigrees than Guiseley have been known to crack. Come on Gloucester!

Meanwhile there's no pressure on us and anything we get will be a bonus.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »
We can't finish any lower, so might as well just go for it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 11:39:35 PM »
I am heartened by the enthusiasm on here, and whatever impression I may have given, nothing would please me more than for us to pinch the last play-off place, especially at the expense of Guiseley, scene of recent disappointments. It is just that I am not building my hopes too high at this stage. As I commented earlier, I am constantly watching the sky.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »
NFU were the most indisciplined side I've seen at York Street this season since Colwyn Bay,  as displayed by their number 6 in the incident leading up to the penalty.

IMO they looked like a very ordinary side.