Author Topic: She ain't singing yet. ....  (Read 11299 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: She ain't singing yet. ....
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »
Here are a few snaps from the game in a public Facebook album. I'll add more in the morning.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152396049849282.1073741893.570994281&type=1&l=c766246393

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:04 AM »
Several things really.One nil down, plenty of time to get an equaliser which would have been so vital, what the hell was their centre half doing, what a complete idiot, am sure their manager was well chuffed. I don't think I have ever seen a penalty decision like it, and feet in front of the ref as well what was he doing? 100 travelling fans, for a team who if winning were likely to ensure league success, about perfectly sums up North Ferriby what a joke.DG has done a stirling job but as Shauney G alludes to, I wonder if he too will reflect on the season and ask "what would have been if I had played two up front?" and why did I take 35 or so league games to implement it, especially when doing so we remain unbeaten, look more solid, more creative and were by some way the better team yesterday. A great crowd too, if only we could get that extra 400 every home game, forget the great atmosphere they created, what a huge difference it would make to the playing budget? The fat lady may well have had a temporary ASBO served on her tonsils and silence is golden, whist it is in force we can only but do our job and hope that Guisely fall over, doubtful but possible!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »
And a few snaps of the Player of the Year presentations after the match:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152396924584282.1073741894.570994281&type=1&l=0c1de614ea

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »
And a selection of snaps for those who don't do Facebook.

The substitutes have a pre-match kick about

Ricky Miller has a snooze

Jay Dowie

Stefan Galinski

Junior Konadu is upended

Carl Piergianni

Junior Konadu

Liam Agnew's shot is saved

Jamie McGhee and Liam Agnew

The Away End

Carl Piergianni

Zak Mills

North Ferriby's Manager Billy Heath

Jamie McGhee

Jamie McGhee opens the scoring

The Town End Goes Wild

Scott Garner

Liam Agnew

Ricky Miller has scored

The Town End Goes Wild

Rene Steer marks his man

Dennis Greene

Spencer Weir-Daley

Indy Aujla

Lewis King

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
Several things really.One nil down, plenty of time to get an equaliser which would have been so vital, what the hell was their centre half doing, what a complete idiot, am sure their manager was well chuffed. I don't think I have ever seen a penalty decision like it, and feet in front of the ref as well what was he doing? 100 travelling fans, for a team who if winning were likely to ensure league success, about perfectly sums up North Ferriby what a joke.DG has done a stirling job but as Shauney G alludes to, I wonder if he too will reflect on the season and ask "what would have been if I had played two up front?" and why did I take 35 or so league games to implement it, especially when doing so we remain unbeaten, look more solid, more creative and were by some way the better team yesterday. A great crowd too, if only we could get that extra 400 every home game, forget the great atmosphere they created, what a huge difference it would make to the playing budget? The fat lady may well have had a temporary ASBO served on her tonsils and silence is golden, whist it is in force we can only but do our job and hope that Guisely fall over, doubtful but possible!

I think Den took too long to listen to miele and hung on to miele,s favourites like Timms , Bore and Sansara too long   ;)     Looking at the results over last 10 matches I can,t see how Greene can have made many tactical errors .
 Futhermore two impressive  performances that have been overlooked ,
1.  Mr George was the best ref I have seen at York St at this level , dread to think what the NFU thugs would have performed like with most the poor refs we have in this league .

2 . Top marks to the NFU fans ,  never in the 65 years I,ve been going to York St have I witnessed 90 minutes silence observed in such impeccable manner . ;)

Did anyone else  note how p*ssed- off Josh Wilde looked when he came on ?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
Why is the NFU goalie saving a yellow ball when they are playing with a white one? Or do my tired old eyes deceive me?  ::)

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »
Best home record in the league, but only 5 away wins.  I think that will be the tale of this season.

Still, as Man City proved two years ago, you should never stop believing!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »

I think Den took too long to listen to miele and hung on to miele,s favourites like Timms , Bore and Sansara too long   ;)     Looking at the results over last 10 matches I can,t see how Greene can have made many tactical errors .
1.  Mr George was the best ref I have seen at York St at this level , dread to think what the NFU thugs would have performed like with most the poor refs we have in this league .

2 . Top marks to the NFU fans ,  never in the 65 years I,ve been going to York St have I witnessed 90 minutes silence observed in such impeccable manner . ;)

nice post :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »

nice post :)

Whilst I can't agree about being the last ten, as that would probably include the debacle at Workington, certainly the last seven, (unbeaten in nine) DG has played with two up front, and of the top of my head in allowing lads to play and press further up the pitch, especially McGhee who puts in a shift to rival Miller, it gives the defence and midfield more space, mobility, time to play and vitally to keep their shape and I think four clean sheets proves that point. All I am saying is had such tactics which DG said he preferred, been made more use of, especially when Newsh was fit we could have actually, not just made the play off's but even won the league!
When Miller played up front on his own with his back to goal he scored what, 6 or 7 league goals before the new year and Newsh 15,16! Then mid January DG swapped it around, played Newsh up front on his own with his back to goal and like Miller before him his goals dried up only scoring another 4 or 5 (and one was a hat trick) whilst Miller like Newsh before him couldn't stop scoring. Just imagine what could have happened if these two had played together up front all season?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »
Good point about the referee though, he did have a cracking game.

Like the photos as well, is that Millers good lady and their little son sitting on the fence in one of them...sign him up now! ;D

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »

The guy on the back row to the left of the photo looks like he's wafting a bad smell away. Same too of David Newton. The mayor is staying tight lipped about what has just happened, but his wife is looking accusingly at him.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 08:14:57 PM »

North Ferriby's Manager Billy Heath

[/quote]

Looks to me like Bazza has put a few pounds on ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
Well spotted Shoddy, the white ball, that's the one next to the green ball in the goalies mits, had just been thrown back over the barrier.  :D
Isn't it amazing how 'dignitries' appear out of the wood work for a freebie. They have probably never set foot in the ground before. It would be nice to see them become regular visitors providing they pay to get in. I assume they were there because of the impending planning applications. Better approve it or they will have to pay next time.
I know, spelt dignits wrong but who cares, actually dignits is a better word.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 09:27:02 AM »
Well spotted Shoddy, the white ball, that's the one next to the green ball in the goalies mits, had just been thrown back over the barrier.  :D
Isn't it amazing how 'dignitries' appear out of the wood work for a freebie. They have probably never set foot in the ground before. It would be nice to see them become regular visitors providing they pay to get in. I assume they were there because of the impending planning applications. Better approve it or they will have to pay next time.
I know, spelt dignits wrong but who cares, actually dignits is a better word.

The mayor and his Deputy were there to welcome the United lads who had cycled from Ferriby.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
Agree GHM about the referee, what a change to see one that actually looks in charge of a game and gets most things right. Best we have seen this year by far.

Re when wilde came on, perhaps he did not like being reminded what a proper football club looked like.