Author Topic: Non League Paper report still has Evans as manager  (Read 5850 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Non League Paper report still has Evans as manager
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »
Check out the report of yesterday's game in today's NLP written by some twit from Leamington who still believes Steve Evans to be our manager. What a **** ! Makes you thankful that we have knowledgeable guys at our club like Craig Singleton and Ken Fox who know their facts from fiction.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:27:31 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Non League Paper report still has Evans as manager
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
Google BUFC, look on the right hand side and see who the manager is.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »
OMG - Google still have Jason Lee as manager !!!!!!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Jurg

• Come on you BRAKES!
    • View Profile
    • The Banter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »
Our reporter didn't write the first two paragraphs, it was the NLP.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 11:38:08 AM »
OMG - Google still have Jason Lee as manager !!!!!!

If Jason Lee is still our manager, does that mean Dennis Greene can claim unemployment benefit?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
You'd like to think the club would lodge a strongly worded letter of complaint to the NLP in this instance.

I did say 'like to think', weather that happens or not is debatable, but I see that as not just poor, sloppy journalism but I personally find it grossly offensive to the good name of the club that took an almost terminal battering from that disease and the hangers on.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
Definitely. Leamington must take some of the blame. Even if their reporter "Paul Edwards" did not write the first 2 sentences of his report - which I find hard to believe as surely you don't need a "ghost writer" for these items - they have made a huge and insulting gaff! Hope BUFC do make representations to the NPL and Leamington regarding this. :bunny

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
Leamington must take some of the blame. Even if their reporter "Paul Edwards" did not write the first 2 sentences of his report - which I find hard to believe as surely you don't need a "ghost writer" for these items - they have made a huge and insulting gaff!
No, it's entirely the NLP. The reporter submitted his report, a sub-editor changed his report and the NLP published. The reporter won't have final say on what goes to print! It's nothing to do with ghost-writing, it's standard newspaper editing, to fit word-limits and space-constraints.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
This is a great opportunity for SP or CR to write and complain about someone who has screwed up. Ooops silly me, it wont be a complaint about something that will discredit Boston United so most unlikely.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »
Leamington must take some of the blame. Even if their reporter "Paul Edwards" did not write the first 2 sentences of his report - which I find hard to believe as surely you don't need a "ghost writer" for these items - they have made a huge and insulting gaff!
No, it's entirely the NLP. The reporter submitted his report, a sub-editor changed his report and the NLP published. The reporter won't have final say on what goes to print! It's nothing to do with ghost-writing, it's standard newspaper editing, to fit word-limits and space-constraints.
Again, Pilgrim86 why are so knowledgeable on EVERY subject I put on here? Truly you are the number one poster on this site. I thank you, once again, for your input.  :bunny 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »
NLP? Oh they love us don't they? do they still bare that grudge so much that they can't even admit he has gone.

When's our 'champions' edition?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
Again, Pilgrim86 why are so knowledgeable on EVERY subject I put on here? Truly you are the number one poster on this site. I thank you, once again, for your input.  :bunny 
Former journalism wannabe, that's all...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »
Read Craig's tweet to NLP where he said he was miffed at the first two paragraphs had been changed from his report.... Shoddy to say the least.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 11:39:20 PM »
My sincere apologies to Paul Edwards at Leamington. He has also twittered the NLP to point out their "error" and that someone in the NLP office changed his report to insert Steve Evans name. I hope the NLP editors look into this - it may be an innocent mistake but I have my doubts as Paul's report seems to have been deliberately altered prior to print. If someone at the NLP has stupidly done this as a laugh they have, instead, ruffled a few feathers here at BUFC and also at Leamington, losing a few future sales of this newspaper as well!. :bunny

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
My sincere apologies to Paul Edwards at Leamington. He has also twittered the NLP to point out their "error" and that someone in the NLP office changed his report to insert Steve Evans name. I hope the NLP editors look into this - it may be an innocent mistake but I have my doubts as Paul's report seems to have been deliberately altered prior to print. If someone at the NLP has stupidly done this as a laugh they have, instead, ruffled a few feathers here at BUFC and also at Leamington, losing a few future sales of this newspaper as well!. :bunny

I've not purchased the paper since they campaigned against us. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.