Author Topic: Who is your player of the year?  (Read 3587 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Who is your player of the year?
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:39:56 AM »
Scotty would have been up right up there had his form not taking such a dip, so;

1. Miller
2. Pidge
and a distant but clear third, the unsung hero in my eyes
3. Steer

:)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your player of the year?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »
By Scotty is presume you me Garner? Which is interesting as i personally believe he has got better and better recently.
I was going to vote for Piergianni but going to have to go for Miller for his work rate and sheer determination to prove himself as the best at a higher level.
1. Miller
2. Piergianni
3. Newsham - his attitude, commitment to the club and consistency shouldn't be over looked. Like a modern day Gary Lineker he rarely gets booked and scores goals at important times.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
Miller. His goals since the turn of the year have pushed us on.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »
Pidge, by a whisker from Miller. Garner and Newsh also not far behind

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »
Pidge for me just beats ricky. A really difficult one but pidge has been immense in a position we have struggled for quality in since we lost Pearson. All the lads have had a excellent season...

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »
Very close but Pidge for me, winning it on consistency throughout the season

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
I was really torn between Pidge and Miller. It really was a "head" and "heart" thing. I went for Pidge (my head said go for him) , but feel very sorry that I couldn't vote for Miller (heart).

Really, when you think where Ricky has come from, the level at which he now plays, his non-stop work ethic and superb goal return, he makes a very convincing case. Yes, I know he can be greedy. Yes, I know he doesn't pass to better placed team mates, and yes, at times he has the touch of an elephant, but he is a trier, and you have to love that.

However, Pidge has been really impressive throughout the season, isn't scared to put his body on the line for the cause (the head bandages say it all), and is so reliable that I just couldn't ignore him.

I have to say though that most of the squad should really be congratulated on providing a really entertaining season. Even if we don't make the playoffs, this has been the most enjoyable season since Scott and Hurst left. I love the fact that they keep trying, right up to the final whistle, and I hope that the rest of the fans have enjoyed this season as much as me.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »
I was really torn between Pidge and Miller. It really was a "head" and "heart" thing. I went for Pidge (my head said go for him) , but feel very sorry that I couldn't vote for Miller (heart).

Really, when you think where Ricky has come from, the level at which he now plays, his non-stop work ethic and superb goal return, he makes a very convincing case. Yes, I know he can be greedy. Yes, I know he doesn't pass to better placed team mates, and yes, at times he has the touch of an elephant, but he is a trier, and you have to love that.

However, Pidge has been really impressive throughout the season, isn't scared to put his body on the line for the cause (the head bandages say it all), and is so reliable that I just couldn't ignore him.

I have to say though that most of the squad should really be congratulated on providing a really entertaining season. Even if we don't make the playoffs, this has been the most enjoyable season since Scott and Hurst left. I love the fact that they keep trying, right up to the final whistle, and I hope that the rest of the fans have enjoyed this season as much as me.

Agree with all that but wish to add that the football this season is more entertaining than that of Rob and Pauls team . More football , less hoofball .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 09:18:54 PM »
Pidge, by a whisker from Miller. Garner and Newsh also not far behind

About right.

It's a shame there isn't an award for most improved player. If there had been such an award, then I think Conor Marshall would probably win it.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »
I voted for Conor for precisely that reason LP. I know he won't win it but I just wanted him to get some votes to recognise his improvement...

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 11:33:56 PM »
1. Pidge
2. Miller - goals have been valuable in the 2nd half of season especially as newshams dried up a bit.
3. Conor marshall - the unsung hero of the season as far as i am concerned. Did the ugly side of the game really well which is often not noticed