Author Topic: The last three games!  (Read 3059 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The last three games!
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:34:53 AM »
Obviously we need to win them, that's a given as too is the starting slots of;

King; Mills; Steer;Garner (despite and I really hate saying this another nightmare first half Saturday) Pidge; (unless we get promotion I just can't see us being able to hold on to him next year, especially as he has already played for a full season in the CP) Dowie; (who I think has been superb since he arrived, his work rate, commitment and energy wears me out just watching the lad, what a great signing)Agnew;
Miller; (who since being relieved of his 'target man' role up front on his own has been in quite staggering form, both with goals, usual work rate and now distribution)

With the assumption that Newsh and Marshall are out  for the season, that leaves three players out of Milnes, Mcghee, Junior, Ross, Indy, SWD and Fairclough to make up the starting line up, and whilst I am sure there will be many differing opinions on this one, my choice would be;

Milnes; (who somehow since his reintroduction to the team has been a different player to the one seen earlier in the season)
Junior; (Whose vision and calmness could just be the key to unlocking our opponents)
Mcghee; (Am sorry, I know he scored a very decent and valuable goal Satuday, but SWD can not surely start in front of this lad, as he offers pace, aggression and bloody nuisance value and has proved a real good signing)

If we need to bring on a midfielder then my pecking order would be Indy, Ross, Fairclough with SWD/Fairclough to replace Mcghee or Miller if they get injured.

What say you lot?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The last three games!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:16 AM »
I also think, if we beat Leamington Saturday, and for once sod the cash, we should get the Standard, Target and Radio Lincs involved and get a 'one off' promotion for the NF of two for one or simply everyone gets in for a fiver.

Lets get a crowd of 2500 for the game against the 'giants' of Ferriby!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »
Obviously we need to win them, that's a given as too is the starting slots of;

King; Mills; Steer;Garner (despite and I really hate saying this another nightmare first half Saturday) Pidge; (unless we get promotion I just can't see us being able to hold on to him next year, especially as he has already played for a full season in the CP) Dowie; (who I think has been superb since he arrived, his work rate, commitment and energy wears me out just watching the lad, what a great signing)Agnew;
Miller; (who since being relieved of his 'target man' role up front on his own has been in quite staggering form, both with goals, usual work rate and now distribution)

With the assumption that Newsh and Marshall are out  for the season, that leaves three players out of Milnes, Mcghee, Junior, Ross, Indy, SWD and Fairclough to make up the starting line up, and whilst I am sure there will be many differing opinions on this one, my choice would be;

Milnes; (who somehow since his reintroduction to the team has been a different player to the one seen earlier in the season)
Junior; (Whose vision and calmness could just be the key to unlocking our opponents)
Mcghee; (Am sorry, I know he scored a very decent and valuable goal Satuday, but SWD can not surely start in front of this lad, as he offers pace, aggression and bloody nuisance value and has proved a real good signing)

If we need to bring on a midfielder then my pecking order would be Indy, Ross, Fairclough with SWD/Fairclough to replace Mcghee or Miller if they get injured.

What say you lot?

Exactly my thinking BG

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:38:42 PM »
Agree with that b.grimes that would be my team selection..

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »
If this is your selection then we would only be playing one up front. I would have SWD up front with ricky. I have been on the pop tonight and relatively pissed so may have read the post wrong.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:40 AM »
Mcghee up front with ricky like he was against colwyn bay...

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »
Against Solihull sorry not colwyn

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:35 AM »
STARTING with the game against ALTRINCHAM when we were forced to leave out players that maybe would have started our shape and football as improved one of those players left out was KONADU, I think he is a very good player for 45min or maybe 60.
so will he start or will he not ;)