Author Topic: Lincolnshire League - the end is nigh!  (Read 3819 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Lincolnshire League - the end is nigh!
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
Just when you think that the Sills & Betteridge Lincolnshire League could not get any worse (well, you probably could!), Heckington United have, yesterday, become the 3rd team to leave the League since the start of the season - and that with only 3 games to go! Another points re-calculation should be forthcoming (hopefully by the end of this week!) and who knows who will be League leaders - Hykeham, Skeggy Town, our Reserves or even the League Committee's apparent "model club", Gainsborough Town? Just hope that BUFC Reserves seriously consider their option to continue in this appalling competition next season. Weak match officials, a Committee which appears to fail in its duty to sufficiently punish offending sides and a fixture list which cannot be relied upon are all good reasons to leave this League at its AGM. It is ironic that this League is sponsored by a firm of solicitors as it is quite noticeable that little justice is being shown to the majority of its Clubs who have competed in the spirit of the game, for this season at least.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:03:43 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lincolnshire League - the end is nigh!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:47:44 PM »
A real shame that they can't get a good league. Lincs is devoid of any football and there is nothing beyond Level 10 (UCL Div 1) for Lincolnshire based teams.
You'd have thought with places and teams like Skeg, Horncastle, Louth, Alford, Market Rasen etc that you could a competitive league which gives teams a chance to climb the pyramid because you'd think there are local fanbases there to support a UCL side or whatever.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:15 AM »
Maybe its time for the Lincs league to be absorbed into the UCL? There could be a UCL Division 1 North and South.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »
Lincolnshire League have made a decision in record time! They won't be recalculating the League for a 3rd time this season but have awarded Skegness Town a nil-nil victory (yes, that is just the 3 points and no change to the goal difference - its a unique thing they do in this League!) and also given the same to Ruston Sports for the game which was due to be played this coming weekend. The outcome is that Heckington Utd finish last in a League which they are technically no longer members of and that Skegness Town must win their last 2 remaining games to "win" the League ahead of Hykeham Town - unless something else changes in the next few days which, quite frankly, is a strong possibility!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
The 0-0 victory is quite common across the country when teams quit with only a few games to go, certainly not unique.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
Really? Not a 3-0 or even a 1-0 token victory? I bow to your obvious knowledge on Football Leagues. Most importantly, I'm glad you found my post on a Sub Level 7 Football League of some interest. Got the impression that you weren't really interested and weren't going to contribute to my postings anymore - silly me.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:45 PM »
Read up on the 2004/5 UniBond League season...

Controversial? Yes. Correct? Debateable. Unique? No.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »
Lets hope BUFC reserves join a decent league next season.A club like Boston United should not be playing these pub sides in a pub league.Good luck to them next season !

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 08:49:25 AM »
Lets hope BUFC reserves join a decent league next season.A club like Boston United should not be playing these pub sides in a pub league.Good luck to them next season !

You can argue the senior team plays in one....

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
The unfortunate thing is that the FA do not want reserve teams to be in the pyramid, hence why they put a limit on the number before allowing leagues to have 'step' status.

Maybe a 'Conference' reserve league is needed?