Author Topic: Junior Konadu  (Read 8566 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Junior Konadu
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 07:14:40 AM »
I agree after he went off things did  change for the better :) ;)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »
My concern was that he could lose possesion too easily as I've seen that before with so many of these flair players. That hasn't happened, although I've only seen the home games. His ability gives him the time to find the pass and generally he keeps it simple.     
We had missed so many chances yesterday it looked like we would never score until Junior came off the leash...don't understand the 'fragile' bit as I haven't seen any sign of that  :dan

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »
A real joy to watch.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
I agree , Junior shows some touches that you only see by the top top players and a joy to watch. What im surprised about is that Ben and Rossy haven't had a mention. In twenty minutes they created chance after chance for the team. The first half of the season we played superbly then these two appear to be bombed out and we lost our fluency, keep them in for me. Junior is for next season but that's just my opinion.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »
I thought Milnes played very well when he came on, and Rossy was great at closing the game out.

Junior was brilliant at times in the middle and with Dowie doing the hard work in front of the back four, he created plenty of time and space for Junior.

Very good performance eventually.  I was right behind SWD's finish and that was just a class finish.  I dont think he'll be here next season, but that was a quality strike
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:39:01 PM by Imp Stalker »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »
I agree after he went off things did  change for the better :) ;)
Explain how his goal was the catalyst for the 20 minutes of domination afterwards then? Was it a fluke?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »
I have been critical of him as not being a strong enough player in central midfield.
You cannot agrue about the class of the goal he scored and his passing skills. Excellent, but I agree with other posts about him not having the strong physical presence needed in this league, especially when grounds are heavy. However we are a squad and I suppose you need all types of player. I though Dennis was a bit lucky yesterday as I do not think he picked the right team. Still I am not arguing about the final score.

We need other sides to drop points to get to fifth, as I dont expect us to get 9 points, from tricky looking games. Still a much better season though.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »
There must be a terrace anthem out there somewhere to the tune of Black Lace's Agadoo (Konadu and Agadoo were made for each other). Trouble is my thinking cap isn't working very well. Any lyricists out there?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 04:56:02 PM »
Or Waterloo?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Or Waterloo?

Nah, we've already got "Money Money Money" (aimed at Gainsborough). You can have a bit too much Abba.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »
He showed some good touches and was always wanting the ball,but IMO the MOTM was Piergianni,he won a lot of headers and tackles against a very physical number 8 who more than once used an elbow which went unseen by the officials...

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »
Konadu du du we're so glad you're here my son.
Konadu du du  watching you is really fun.

Konadu du du you play the game with soul.
Konadu du du now score another goal.

Just an idea!

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 12:21:50 AM »
I think Junior would be a great squad player to keep hold of because he has the energy and ability to come off the bench and have an effect on as game.

Also, it's nice to able to read a topic that hasn't been hijacked by Scouse Pilgrim, but then it is a subject about an actual player and not the Quadrant Devoplment, finance or DG.  ;)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:35 AM »
Maybe in away games he could be used as a second striker, working his magic 'in the hole' behind Ricky.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »
Interesting one this. I guess it depends on how you like your footballers. There is no doubt the lad has talent, and yes like many was astonished when he didn't start last Tuesday. Very skilful, and for a non winger very quick feet indeed which is the secret of his ball retention. I do feel we are a better team with him in it, as he is surely our most creative midfield player, the only down side I suppose, his his obvious reluctance to smash a tackle, and the further his career takes him the more noticeable such an absent attribute will become. Do like watching the lad though.