Author Topic: Guisely or Us  (Read 4523 times)

Seenbetter

Guisely or Us
« on: April 12, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »
That's how it looks now. Guisely need to lose again and then it will be another us or them finish. Would love to see us get the luck because if we got into the play offs I think we could do well but my head is saying 6th

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guisely or Us
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
Nice to still be in it but I think our run in is more tricky. 6th place I reckon.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:22:43 PM »
Guiseley's turn around has been very impressive. They always do really well with what must be a tiny budget.

I think we will finish 6th, away form has cost us but it's still been an enjoyable season.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:58:38 PM »
Tiny budget?

Don't kid yourself, they are bankrolled to the hilt.

Without the financial support they get they'd be back in Northern Counties East League.

Granted they aren't as obvious as Ferriby and Brackley, but they are punching way above their natural level, while we are still one below.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »
Think we can get that 5th spot still. Some tough games for the other play off contenders.

Hednesford  - 3 games remaining, 2 of which are away. Oxford away, then worcester at home then a tough final game away at barrow.

Alty  - 4 games remaining, 3 of which are away. Oxford away, then stockport away, then vauxhall at home then histon away.

Guisely - 4 games, 3 at home. harrogate at home, colwyn at home, workington away then glocester at home.

Hednesford at Alty have some tough games with the majority away from home.

Both Alty and Guisely have been playing catch up, will having to play so many games in a short period of let fatigue set in?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:19:41 PM by Lee Newell »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
Be also intresting to see how Guisely react to yesterday, There run was built with confidence of wins. Been 2 up to lose 3 - 2 can make a dent in that

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »
I know that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas, but I can't help thinking back to that cold December afternoon in Guiseley when we were pressing hard for an equalizer.

The bloody idiot of a ref stopped the game for a head injury whereupon the Guiseley player promptly got up holding his leg. What would the league table look like if play had been allowed to continue???

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »
December was a bad month with two losses and two draws.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »
Whatever happens in our final games we should be proud of DG and his team for getting us so far this season. As a thought, do the teams above us have the necessary ground criteria to enter the Conference should they go up? Floreat Bostona !

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »
December was a bad month with two losses and two draws.
The only month where we haven't won at least 2 league games.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:13:02 PM »
Guiseley certainly won't have a tiny budget they have a lot of ex pros and will be well financed. I feel we may just fall short and finish 6th, hope I'm wrong I just can't see guiseley losing to a poor harrogate side.been a great season and let's hope DG can build a side in the summer to go one better next season..

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:18 AM »
Guiselys next two games are against Harrogate and Colwyn Bay, both teams are capable of beating them and we can still catch Altrincham as well.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »
Come on Harrogate and Oxford, a tough ask I know, but anything can happen in this league that's for sure