Author Topic: Stalybridge, its now or never  (Read 5442 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Stalybridge, its now or never
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »
Personally, I think that not only do we need a few results to go in our favour, of which obviously we have no control, but it is also likely that we will need maximum points from the last few games, or at very best depending on those matches, afford to maybe draw one. So the pressure is on, as perhaps it should be at this stage of the season when challenging for the play offs.Far better than mid table!

Two things, three actually; I think DG has surely got to bring back Junior and Mcghee. Am sorry twas a huge mistake imo to replace either mid week, especially with Ross and SWD, who are simply not the same players they once were.

I think DG needs to sort the discipline and structure of our defence out. I can't quite work out whats going wrong, but we are leaking far too many that's for sure. When Marrs was here I wouldn't have swapped our back four for anyone, individually they are so good, yet still we're leaking goals. We need to keep three or four clean sheets, as we are always likely to score. Scotty has been brilliant this season, so am loather to criticise, but at the worse time of the season is making mistakes of late that are costing us dear.

The crowd; to cheer the team on like they haven't heard for many a season, and we get the wins, that's all we can do.

Oh, fourthly; Is Newsh fit yet?

Three points today, is a must, lets not hold back and leave anything out on the pitch

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge, its now or never
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »
Personally, I think that not only do we need a few results to go in our favour, of which obviously we have no control, but it is also likely that we will need maximum points from the last few games, or at very best depending on those matches, afford to maybe draw one. So the pressure is on, as perhaps it should be at this stage of the season when challenging for the play offs.Far better than mid table!

Two things, three actually; I think DG has surely got to bring back Junior and Mcghee. Am sorry twas a huge mistake imo to replace either mid week, especially with Ross and SWD, who are simply not the same players they once were.

I think DG needs to sort the discipline and structure of our defence out. I can't quite work out whats going wrong, but we are leaking far too many that's for sure. When Marrs was here I wouldn't have swapped our back four for anyone, individually they are so good, yet still we're leaking goals. We need to keep three or four clean sheets, as we are always likely to score. Scotty has been brilliant this season, so am loather to criticise, but at the worse time of the season is making mistakes of late that are costing us dear.

The crowd; to cheer the team on like they haven't heard for many a season, and we get the wins, that's all we can do.

Oh, fourthly; Is Newsh fit yet?

Three points today, is a must, lets not hold back and leave anything out on the pitch

Agree with most of that BG ,   I dream that you will have 7 more visits to Tesco bacon counter by the end of our season  :)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »
Couldn't agree more B.Grimes. Newsh is still out injured. Hoping for a decent crowd and a big 3 points today. Junior and mcghee must start today..

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
A good crowd is okay, but if there's no atmosphere then it counts for nothing. The town end needs to get rocking again, especially as we are so close to the play offs and we need to do everything we can to help the players and if that means being vocal for 90 minutes then so be it

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »
No worries about the townend.
The mad rooster claims it is his perch so be sure he can make it swing!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »
Couldn't agree more B.Grimes. Newsh is still out injured. Hoping for a decent crowd and a big 3 points today. Junior and mcghee must start today..
Junior is probably a home game player, to unlock stubborn defences.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
never at the moment

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 04:30:47 PM »
Are Boston winning? I'm currently on a date  :-*

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 04:31:33 PM »
Well Stoke are 1 up .. :)

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 04:54:03 PM »
Wonderful result  :bunny

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 06:31:55 PM »

He certainly unlocked the defence today  8)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 07:31:04 PM »
Good pic of Ben's first goal by a mate.....

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 08:15:57 PM »

His composure on the ball, coupled with quick changes of direction are fantastic.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 08:47:50 PM »

His composure on the ball, coupled with quick changes of direction are fantastic.
Yes we need that ability to progress to the play-offs and beyond  8)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »
If Guiseley lose 1 of their 4 games, it's in our hands. Probably the wrong team for us won at Hednesford, so we're relying them on slipping up twice in 3 games (unlikely) and of course we have to win 3 matches- of which 2 are away.

It's still odds against but keep plugging away