Author Topic: In the words of my favorite advert " SIMPLES "  (Read 8580 times)

Bob Lee

In the words of my favorite advert " SIMPLES "
« on: October 14, 2009, 11:42:17 AM »
Last night at the match, I cast my expert eye over the construction of the stadium ( I once helped construct a shed.) ;D

The stadium is held together by bolts and the concrete prefabricated.

I remember Craven and Nicolas getting the steel contract, because my mate messed up the measurements.

Now the stadium was financed by the supporters via the Pilgrim Lottery, so belongs to the club not the landlord.  If it belonged to the Landlord surely he is liable for the upkeep of the stadium.

The Landlord is only interested in the value of the ground space.  So let him have his ground space.  We should move the Stadium lock stock and barrel to a new site.  Three sides of the ground belong to the supporters and these three sides can easily be removed.

For the Traditionalists the stadium would be nearly the same.  I have done a VERY rough working out.

At the moment we are paying rent of £85,000 per annum X that by 8 years left on lease = £680,000,

We know we are going to have to move, so buy a parcel of land including planning etc say £100,000  drainage, roadways etc say £150,000 removal of stadium and erection say £500,000.  So a total cost of £750,000.  With grants etc we could cut that cost down.  Whilst this is taking place we ground share with Boston Town, thus bringing in extra revenue for our neighbours.   SIMPLES ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:10:07 PM by Bob Lee »

semion

• View Profile
Re: In the words of my favorite advert " SIMPLES "
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »
Plus not forgetting the current owners maybe prepared to pay X amount for surrending the lease early, so they can develop the site etc.   Like you say, Compare the Meercat   ;D

Plus this season, get through to the play-off final against say Kings Lynn and have a crowd of 5-6K, thats 50k toward the fund.... ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:55:57 AM by semion »

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:43:45 PM »
We know we are going to have to move, so buy a parcel of land including planning etc say £100,000  drainage, roadways etc say £150,000 removal of stadium and erection say £500,000.  So a total cost of £750,000.  With grants etc we could cut that cost down.  Whilst this is taking place we ground share with Boston Town, thus bringing in extra revenue for our neighbours.   SIMPLES ;D

£100,000 doesn't sound like a lot of dosh to buy the land. Wouldn't it cost a lot more than that?  I'm no expert, I'm just asking the question.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:46:02 PM by Wembley 85 »

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »
Please don't ask me to save the club money by offering to dismantle the floodlights for free, I don't like heights. If help were needed to move the bar then I'm ur man.
What else could we help with to save the club money in a move ?.  ???

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:58:02 PM »
Land earmarked for development other than Housing excluding agricultural is selling at about £11,000 per acre.  I said it was a rough guide I am no expert.  I think we ought to look into the possibility though.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:48:42 PM »
Land earmarked for development other than Housing excluding agricultural is selling at about £11,000 per acre.  I said it was a rough guide I am no expert.  I think we ought to look into the possibility though.
You should join the trust board,Bob. ;D ;)

pere noel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
As usual your all going about this the wrong way. Leave it to the people that know what they are doing, David & Neil. Land's been found already (but not secured). The plan always was to move within 8 years, it will now be sooner, within 5 years and maybe 3 if all goes to plan.

All you should be doing is what they ask, that is to go to home games, use the Pilgrim Lounge and support all the club events to help with day to day running costs, then sit back watch and enjoy.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 05:46:31 PM »
Reading BOBS comments on construction and costing i would suggest his full history on these subjects could be fully documented on the back of a postage stamp

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »
Sounds 'Simples' but it may be that the stands etc would not meet current planning regs which have moved on since the reconstruction of the ground. Also they may not meet current structural criteria.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »
As usual your all going about this the wrong way. Leave it to the people that know what they are doing, David & Neil. Land's been found already (but not secured). The plan always was to move within 8 years, it will now be sooner, within 5 years and maybe 3 if all goes to plan.

All you should be doing is what they ask, that is to go to home games, use the Pilgrim Lounge and support all the club events to help with day to day running costs, then sit back watch and enjoy.

Bloody hell Pere are you alright ....if you are Pere  ;)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »
can you prove you are actually pere noel?! This is far too reasonable and pro-dave and neil!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
Bob Lee did you see any of the goals last night?

Bob Lee

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
Saw both thankyou ;D

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 12:03:29 AM »
I wish water and electric connection was that cheap.

Access and a car park could cost you a cool millionand thats before you talk about facilities like stands, floodlights. Even if you could relocate the stands. I think you would need at least 4 million pounds.

There isn't an easy fix to getting a new ground

Bob Lee

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 12:05:47 AM »
G H M what I know about planning and construction I could write on your willey warmer ;D ;D ;D