Author Topic: Flares  (Read 8422 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Flares
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
In that case BUFC should not be having any more firework displays surely  :bunny

They don't set them off in the stands!!!!!

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »
I know flares are banned, but are smoke bombs?

The Chief

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »
Yes.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:14 PM »
Are stink bombs

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
I dont c the problem with letting off smoke bombs flares are different matter. However those that did it knew the risks. As for those that were removed for going on the pitch i think the stewards could have used a bit of common sense as emotions run high.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 10:16:29 AM »
In that case BUFC should not be having any more firework displays surely  :bunny

They don't set them off in the stands!!!!!

Well that's not much fun! No wonder hardly anyone goes these days :dan
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »

This topic is quite interesting.

On the one hand I do agree that there is a major safety concern in taking any form of firework into a crowded football stadium. Anyone who does so should rightfully be banned.

At the same time, I took a photograph in the late 1990s of the United team, young mascots included, walking out onto the pitch surrounded by fireworks - see below. One false move from one of those fireworks and Jim Dick could have been left claiming incapacity benefits!

Maybe Health and Safety didn't exist when we were in the Dr Martens League?

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »
I do like football but it's becoming a game for whussies. It will soon be subject to Health and Safety idiots. Players have to leave the pitch to change kit if it's blood stained, no matter how small. It is virtually illegal to challenge a goalie for a ball in the air. Drink bottles have to be opened when purchased in the ground. No fireworks in the ground. Just compare it to a Mans game, rugby. Alcohol consumed in the stands, lots of blood splashing around but the players just lick it off and get on with it. Not just fireworks in the ground but bloody big cannons. Players treated for injuries on the pitch while the game continues and players run around the dead and dying. Refs who know the rules and help players to keep the game moving. The FA have a lot to learn.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
Two words for people who think letting off any form of pyrotechnics is appropriate in a football ground - Bradford City.

that wasn't anything to do with pyrotechnics....
That was fags and litter catching light in a wooden stand

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »
"that wasn't anything to do with pyrotechnics....
That was fags and litter catching light in a wooden stand"

It still demonstrates that fire and crowds don't mix. In any case, when I've paid good money to watch a football match, I don't want my vision obscured or the game disrupted by some damned fool who hasn't grown up from schoolboy pratting about.

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
Got to agree with Fairfax, smoke would be a nuisance to spectators vision of the game. Football matches aren,t places for young kids either, they walk past you all the time obscuring ones view of the game as they wander to the goody shop because they are so bored. Football isn't a game for kids to watch, only play. :D