Author Topic: Harrogate  (Read 4795 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Harrogate
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:03:29 PM »
First, well done to the lads for a great result today.  Looking at the table after today's results it makes you see what a VERY bad result we had at Harrogate.  Not only the fact, that the decisions of the ref that day resulted in us losing the match. But also The Workington defeat, when we where missing players because of suspension.

:( How those three dropped points at Workington are coming back to haunt us.  We are still in it but it looks tough.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Harrogate
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »
No point looking back, look forward to the points we can pickup.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
Other teams up there still got some very hard games to play yet, in still a few gotta play each other so still plenty of points to be dropped and gotta be dropped as a few are against each other.

Keep grinding results out Wins not draws and we will be in there

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »
4 wins and 2 draws from the last 6 games won't be easy  :-\

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 12:22:07 AM »
Being a pessimist (some might say a realist) I believe that we will finish sixth. Each week I review the results and hope that we can nudge our way into fifth, but every time I come away convinced that my forecast is accurate. If I am wrong and we do make the play-offs, I can't see us progressing. However, many a team has scraped through against the odds in the past, and often gone on to uproot a few trees at the higher level, so I am not giving up all hope.

I'm knocking on a bit, so I hope United will reach heavenly heights before I do. I did at least get my one prayer answered when we made it into the Football League, but it was tarnished as we are all aware. Maybe heavenly heights is not where I'm going, but I did say that I am a pessimist. He who would valiant be...

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 09:55:15 AM »
5 games left and in order to finish in the play offs we will probably need to win 4. Tough ask. Unfortunately injuries to players such as Marshall and Newsham have come at the wrong time. However the games remaining are more than winnable, having  Pidge and Garner playing together for a while now is starting to pay off and we are conceding less, McGhee is having a good spell and Ricky is on fire.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 10:02:03 AM »
Also interesting Hednesford and Guiseley play each other this coming Saturday and it will probably be 2 from us and them two that get in the top 5.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »
All we can do is win our games, someone will slip up somewhere if we do.

As for Harrogant away, not getting a tonking may also be the thing that saves us.  Our Goal difference is the 2nd best of that chasing pack.  If we end the season on level points we may be thankful of those last ten minutes of keep ball at Harrogant.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
We will need 4 wins and 1 draw if Hednesford get 7 points from their last 4 games, which is what I expect them to get.
Now 5 points behind them and an inferior goal difference which could amount to 6 points to make up.
Don't expect us to catch Guiseley.

Still rooting for a play-off place though.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »
Gloucester City 5 Harrogate Town 2, this afternoon.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »
We will need 4 wins and 1 draw if Hednesford get 7 points from their last 4 games, which is what I expect them to get.
Now 5 points behind them and an inferior goal difference which could amount to 6 points to make up.
Don't expect us to catch Guiseley.

Still rooting for a play-off place though.

Our Goal Difference is better than Hednesford - theirs is 17 - ours is 23 - 6 better.
So if Hednesford get 7 points from their last 4 games and their goal difference doesn't improve over ours then we would only need 4 wins out of our last 5 games to stay above them. 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
Only 4 wins out of 5......... ???

I love your optimism!!!

Honestly no idea how its going to go and if we miss out its not been for a lack of effort, as I've said for a long time though thanks are due to all the staff for a much better season than the last 2. At least we've been well entertained all season and the players have looked like they genuinely care.

It'd be great to go into the new era as a Conference National side though.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
I think there will be a least one time between now and the end of the season where we occupy a Play Off place - that's when we see what the squad can do, and keep a hold on it.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »
I think there will be a least one time between now and the end of the season where we occupy a Play Off place - that's when we see what the squad can do, and keep a hold on it.

I hope it is after we have played Worcester!! ;D

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »
Only 4 wins out of 5......... ???

I love your optimism!!!

Honestly no idea how its going to go and if we miss out its not been for a lack of effort, as I've said for a long time though thanks are due to all the staff for a much better season than the last 2. At least we've been well entertained all season and the players have looked like they genuinely care.

It'd be great to go into the new era as a Conference National side though.
Great post Andy