Author Topic: Our floodlights  (Read 3778 times)

Shodfried

Our floodlights
« on: October 14, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »
If I could take just one thing from the ground to the new one it'd be the traditional tower floodlights.

In the 70's and 80's they were seen at every ground but post Taylor report they came down and were replaced with the bland 'pole' types or worse still the lights along the roof of the stand.

Just looking at the ground last night made me come over all nostalgic, I know its not an option to take structures like the lights and stands with us but it'd be great if something similar were to be incorporated into a new build.

And it'd be nice to think there'd be some consultation on the design of any new ground with the fans. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Our floodlights
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:24 PM »
These old fashioned pylon type lights takes valuable space due to the large base area, thus using space that can be put to better use, not to mention the extra cost.

TASGOE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:24:52 PM »
Is moving the stands an option? York Street stand is no good but the Spayne Road steelwork would be easy enough to dismantle although I'm not sure how the concrete slots into it. The Town End and Jakemans look a similar construction. Does anybody know who actually owns  the stands, BUFC or Malkinson.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »
 Wonder what the scrap value of all the metal in the Ground is ...?

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 07:09:53 AM »
Please don't reveal the scrap value of the lights; they'd be knicked by Saturday.

Monty

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »
At least we will always have good memories of our traditional floodlights and town center ground.

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 05:15:07 PM »
In the past when moving sites has cropped up there has always been someone insisting we stay at York St whatever the cost. No one has said that so far and a move will happen. Think the penny has dropped.

Monty

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
In the past when moving sites has cropped up there has always been someone insisting we stay at York St whatever the cost. No one has said that so far and a move will happen. Think the penny has dropped.

In the past we attracted the wrong Chairman who seemed more interested in bucketfuls of cash rather than the interests of B.U.F.C. Whereas now the fans have total confidence in the current Chairman.

Shodfried

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
Shame you couldn't see that a few years back mate, along with a few others who thought they knew it all and were proved to be badly mistaken.