Author Topic: This is disturbing O/T  (Read 10430 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: This is disturbing O/T
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »
Done. The cheek of some people, I live near a RAF base couldn't see the courts agreeing with that couple if they complained about the noise here.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Challis51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »
Done.

And agree it's a joke. These people must enjoy creating unnecessary enemies

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
Signed.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »
Signed
United we stand..................

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
Signed.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
Done. The cheek of some people, I live near a RAF base couldn't see the courts agreeing with that couple if they complained about the noise here.

It happened here mate,couple moved to Cranwell and made a formal complaint to the MP,the RAF and anyone that would listen,there complaint was the noise of the air craft and the fireworks that they have at every passing out parade.. Luckily it was laughed out of court ......

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
This is Milldenhall Stadium, next to ----------------------------------------------------------Milldenhall and Lakenheath air bases,  makes it even more stupid.  The thing is they no longer live in the bungalow.  I will try and find a link and post.  They need 100,000 signatures a long way to go.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »
Linked worked fine, ridiculous situation, mind you that's the moronic country we live in now, did they use the "It's our human right" monstrosity. Petition signed
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:58:45 PM by Steviemas »

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
What moron buys a house without realising there's a speedway stadium a 5 minute walk away. And then try and stop the racing, putting people out of their jobs and ruining businesses. Tell them to get lost.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »
Just remembered this,a few years ago a couple moved to York Street and within a week they had contacted the council about,they were complaining that A)The floodlights were too bright and lit their house up. B) The crowd/traffic were too noisy at that time of night C) The club (Lounge as it is now) was making too much noise and it should be closed at 9PM..

Council sent people to the Club room to check noise levels and nothing was wrong,as for the game/noise they were told "politely" "Well,what did you expect when you moved near a football stadium?"

They were basically laughed at and seem to recall they moved out of town not long after......

Reckon it must be about 20 years ago since it happened..

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »
I lived down Spayne road next to the York Street turnstyles, I bought the house fully aware of the situation.  Mind you the next door neighbours moved up from Kent, and used to stand in their front garden with a tape recorder to register the noise.  They could be who you are thinking about, I left in 1992.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »
Signed
Conversely, don't the residents ot Tytton Lane have a  point in their objection to having a football ground thrust upon them, a facility that will disturb their tranquility?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »
Signed
Conversely, don't the residents ot Tytton Lane have a  point in their objection to having a football ground thrust upon them, a facility that will disturb their tranquility?

Maybe they could relocate to York Street?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/