Author Topic: Vince  (Read 9451 times)

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vince
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 08:37:03 AM »
Been thinking about this and my initial reaction was screw him, if he doesn't want BUFC, BUFC don't want him.However second thoughts were he's a 17 year old lad with the chance to improve himself, who wouldn't take it.

I think the inflamatory part of this is the fact that "he's been advised by his agent." If it had been his parents, teachers, etc. who had advised him I believe 90% of the people on here would say good luck to the lad and wish him well.

The fact that it's a blood sucking leech who will want x% of his future earnings while he's succesful and screw him when he's not, and by the way in the opinion of most people is a member of the profession which has gone a long way to ruining our sport, is the bit which is causing the anger demonstrated in this thread.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 09:41:19 AM »
Fair post bostonwoody
United we stand..................

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »
Vince has not rejected a contract!
He was only given a short time to sign it but wanted more time as there is a club intrested (no offer as yet) but the club that is intrested has a good set up with full time goal keeper coaching.
So why i dont believe this is the end althou the contract was withdrawn i think both Vince and Greene have done the right thing at this time.

Vince is looking for that extra training he needs to develop and Greene has decided to withdraw the offer in the meantime.

So we just have to wait and see

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 11:21:07 AM »
In a perfect world, we'd let him go on the basis we get him on loan for next season. Then, he'd be able to train full-time with his parent club, as well as play for us.

Can't we sell him to Sunderland?!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »
I think VINCE is afraid of being shipped across the pond to K/LYNN who would not be. :dan

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »
I don't often go out on a limb about issues, but I am staggered about the venom some are putting this lads way. If any player agreed to sign for any club at our level and where full time wages wouldn't be applicable, and did so knowing that injuries apart that they would be sitting on the bench all season, what would that say about the player and or his football ambitions?

I'm quite angry that some can think as they are, will we have the same debate, the same venom aimed at every player who wont sign a new contract and worse before this season has even ended. Will Pidge, Miller, Newsham, Garner and Steer take equal flack. I would like to think the answer would be no, but looking at these comments about a 17 year old I rather fear it will be yes. 

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »
Too many players think they are better than their club. Vince has a long way to go before he is ready for the number one position for BUFC. The agents are just out for themselves and it's a very bad move by Vince to let himself get involved. There are plenty of players I am sure that would jump at the chance of being a member of BUFC. I say let him go, we don't want anyone who is not 100% behind BUFC.
Very pleased with the attitude of Pidge, that is the type of player we need.

IF MILLER got himself an agent what would you say about him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
I don't often go out on a limb about issues, but I am staggered about the venom some are putting this lads way. If any player agreed to sign for any club at our level and where full time wages wouldn't be applicable, and did so knowing that injuries apart that they would be sitting on the bench all season, what would that say about the player and or his football ambitions?

I'm quite angry that some can think as they are, will we have the same debate, the same venom aimed at every player who wont sign a new contract and worse before this season has even ended. Will Pidge, Miller, Newsham, Garner and Steer take equal flack. I would like to think the answer would be no, but looking at these comments about a 17 year old I rather fear it will be yes.

Not noticed any venom except that directed to agents  BG ,  most understand why Vince would move on seeing he will not be able to command a regular place in the team here .    As said he would benifit by going to a club with a goalkeeping coach.   

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »
Too many players think they are better than their club. Vince has a long way to go before he is ready for the number one position for BUFC. The agents are just out for themselves and it's a very bad move by Vince to let himself get involved. There are plenty of players I am sure that would jump at the chance of being a member of BUFC. I say let him go, we don't want anyone who is not 100% behind BUFC.
Very pleased with the attitude of Pidge, that is the type of player we need.

Perhaps venom is the wrong word..........what about really harsh and unfair criticism then? :D

How do we know, he thinks he's better than the club, he has a long way to go before being number one (which as he has proved, he actually doesn't) it's a "very bad" move for the lad to get an agent etc etc,

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
He was only given a short time to sign it but wanted more time as there is a club intrested (no offer as yet) but the club that is intrested has a good set up with full time goal keeper coaching.
So why i dont believe this is the end althou the contract was withdrawn i think both Vince and Greene have done the right thing at this time.

Vince is looking for that extra training he needs to develop and Greene has decided to withdraw the offer in the meantime.

If we don,t offer him a contract surely he will be available on a free .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
Turn it around GHM, can anyone say Fairclough, Ross, SWD are totally behind the club after the time they have spent sitting down? That's not a criticism nor does it stop them given 100% when on the pitch, I'm just amazed as supporters we think the players have to pay homage to BUFC or we get rid. It doesn't happen. Vince and the players mentioned above will all leave if they were given an opportunity to 'improve and increase their careers and earnings" it wouldn't lessen what they have done for us. If it was GT that's different, but up a league and more wages, we would all do the same

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »

Assuming he was on contract, under the Bosman and if we at least match the contract he was on this year, we will be due 'compensation' if it cant be agreed it goes to a tribunal. Its why GHM I was surprised when DG said he has withdrawn the offer, because as explained to me, he would then ber allowed to go for nothing

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »

Assuming he was on contract, under the Bosman and if we at least match the contract he was on this year, we will be due 'compensation' if it cant be agreed it goes to a tribunal. Its why GHM I was surprised when DG said he has withdrawn the offer, because as explained to me, he would then ber allowed to go for nothing

Dont know wether he was on contract or not. Did not want to ask TBH. Thought id just sit and listen when having the convo as did not want to seem nosy. But yes i do agree im sure having it withdrawn would be as bad as not been offered would it be that he does leave.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
Sam is definitely on contract this season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
Turn it around GHM, can anyone say Fairclough, Ross, SWD are totally behind the club after the time they have spent sitting down? That's not a criticism nor does it stop them given 100% when on the pitch, I'm just amazed as supporters we think the players have to pay homage to BUFC or we get rid. It doesn't happen. Vince and the players mentioned above will all leave if they were given an opportunity to 'improve and increase their careers and earnings" it wouldn't lessen what they have done for us. If it was GT that's different, but up a league and more wages, we would all do the same

I,ve no objection to any one bettering themselves BG , good luck to him if he can .
I do have doubts that he is as good as some on here think , may change my mind when we see who he goes to when he leaves .