Author Topic: Lunacy of the Lincolnshire League!  (Read 2059 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Lunacy of the Lincolnshire League!
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »
The Lincolnshire League have given an incentive to teams if they are losing and have little chance of getting back into the match! The answer is - just walk off the pitch!
The Committee decided, 7 weeks after it had been played, to award the abandoned Skegness Town v Gainsborough Town to Skeggy after Gainsborough forced the match to be Abandoned whilst losing 1-0.
Whilst the Lincs League correctly gave Skegness the 3 points from the match they made no increase in their goal difference - neither giving it as a token 1-0 or the more conventional token 3-0 win!
Gainsborough likewise received no points (or any deduction) and no change to their goal difference either! In this crazy world, the team from the Trent actually ended better off by a single goal difference in forcing the game to be called off after 79 mins rather than seeing it out as a 1-0 defeat after 90mins!
Can anyone explain the logic of this? Sadly, these crass decisions, bring the whole League into disrepute.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:29:48 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lunacy of the Lincolnshire League!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
The Lincolnshire League have given an incentive to teams to walk off the pitch if they are losing and have little chance of getting back into the match! The answer is - just walk off the pitch!
The Committee decided, 7 weeks after it had been played, to award the abandoned Skegness Town v Gainsborough Town to Skeggy after Gainsborough forced the match to be Abandoned whilst losing 1-0.
Whilst the Lincs League correctly gave Skegness the 3 points from the match they made no increase in their goal difference - neither giving it as a token 1-0 or the more conventional token 3-0 win!
Gainsborough likewise received no points (or any deduction) and no change to their goal difference either! In this crazy world, the team from the Trent actually ended better off by a single goal difference in forcing the game to be called off after 79 mins rather than seeing it out as a 1-0 defeat after 90mins!
Can anyone explain the logic of this? Sadly, these crass decisions, bring the whole League into disrepute.

Can see now why the Lincs League is in free-fall .

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Lunacy of the Lincolnshire League!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »
Just found out that Gainsborough Town have been awarded the Sills & Betteridge Lincolnshire League Team of the Month for March!! Yes, they may have won 4 games but were also found guilty last week of forcing a match to be Abandoned through refusal to leave the pitch! Talk about rewarding offenders, the League Committee are giving the impression that they have completely lost touch with what is right and wrong!! Something is just not 100% and I feel that it is time for resignations to be asked for by member clubs' representatives at the League AGM.
Right now, the Lincs League does not deserve the membership of our Reserves or, likewise, decent respectable clubs like Skegness Town, Horncastle Town, etc. It will be up to BUFC to make a decision on this, but unless the Lincs League can give guarantees in changing the direction it is currently steering towards, which at the moment is possible dormancy, sadly I think we must seriously consider playing in another competition next season. It is a shame that it has been ruined, as this League is ideal as far as location goes.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:52:23 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"