Author Topic: Scott Garner on his Pilgrims future  (Read 3501 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Garner on his Pilgrims future
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »
yes

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
Can see garns staying and being club captain next season.. would be a great signing..

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »
Yes, yes, yes, Y_E_S!!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 08:13:37 PM »
I would like him to stay who wouldn't I think its just one way of saying I am open to the best offer that comes along.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
Yes, please!

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 10:38:55 PM »
Yes - if we can afford him.  Have Cambridge been paying some of his wages this season?  Also, are they full time?  May not want to go part time, especially if someone else offers him full time, but he does seem to be enjoying his time here, so that's a good sign

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 12:14:34 AM »
If we go up feel we have a good chance of keeping hold of him as the budget will increase slightly. If still in conference north their will be a conference prem team that will want him and offer him wages that we will not be able to match time will tell

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 12:19:31 AM »
Obviously yes.

Does anyone know though why he didn't go to a Conference Premier team this season? Did Cambridge say he couldn't if they were paying a bit of his wages? Or do the local teams (I've no idea where he lives but presumably not too far away) not fancy him?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 12:29:50 PM »
Yes we would all like him to stay, and yes he does appear to be enjoying himself, but a two year deal at Cambs would have surely been anything between £500 to £900 mark, and we couldn't get anywhere near that and contractually this season they would have had to pay any balance to what we contributed and what the contract said. He would have an agent, that would, like Garns suggested he ideally wants to, be touting him to bigger, full time clubs, so of we do get him, wonderful, but I will believe it when DG waves his signed contract at a press conference. Fingers crossed on that one

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
Maybe Gardner coming on board is not as hard as it seems as from what was heard today we been paying his wages anyway.

It was also good to hear that the other key players most of us as mentioned have all been offered deals to consider