Author Topic: Deadline signing.  (Read 11234 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Deadline signing.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
Exactly what I thought I think he had been signed in case of suspension or injury.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 10:26:53 PM »
Dennis Greene generally names a keeper amongst his subs (Vince has been a used sub a few times), but on Saturday at Barrow we had five outfield subs. Is there anything in that? Is Vince carrying a knock? That could be another reason for bringing in anothet keeper.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 06:09:45 PM »
Dennis Greene generally names a keeper amongst his subs (Vince has been a used sub a few times), but on Saturday at Barrow we had five outfield subs. Is there anything in that? Is Vince carrying a knock? That could be another reason for bringing in anothet keeper.

Oh no, not another Nathan Abbey episode ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 09:57:24 PM »
DG told Endeavour Radio Vince has had an offer from us but he has an agent who is telling him not to sign.... he feels Vince's head may not be in the right place and he can't call upon him if King got into bother, hence the signing

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »
Vince appears to have a good future in front of him, can understand if he wants to go pro. He needs to knuckle down and finish the season with us first.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:36 AM »
I would thing Vince head is totally focused on the rest of the season and the job in hand.  if greene did not go to the press and sturr things up then no one wud be any wiser and that would give vince chance to have a think about his future and not be over come by the stress greene has caused.

I would have thought that a manager of greenes experience would put an arm round our young keeper and become a father figure and advice and help him through this period.

who can blame vince for having an agent cause all the other players have one and I would think one of the other older players has set this agent up for vince

the last few games greene has left vince sat in the stands which is shades of school boy spitting his dummy out rather than manager helping a youth player progress

don't think greenes man manger skills are very good and this will put him on a slippery slope.

get behind vince gaffer hes a young keeper with lot of potential and a future at high level, we should promote this and gain a few quids out moving him up the pyramid

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »
According to the NLP Vince could be off to the Premier League with Leicester, Derby "ready to pounce" also Villa and Peterborough keeping an eye on him. Vince is out of contract in the summer so it does appear he will go and with that in mind it makes sense to get cover in for the last few games if his head has been turned. I say good luck to the lad he has a great future to look forward to but any player for us has to be 100% focussed on the last few games and nothing more.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »
As he is under contract now, and under 24, we'd get compensation. You'd expect that the bigger club he signs for, the more we'd get - perceived potential being larger?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
Vinnos head isnt the problem its DG bully boy attitude to me. He is 17 years old and so far hes been a model footballer and a credit to himself and the club.If he has an agent, who is acting as a career adviser good luck to him.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
If he does go, we need to make sure we get a massive sell on deal if he were to go to higher levels

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 04:15:30 PM »
If he does go, we need to make sure we get a massive sell on deal if he were to go to higher levels

I'm not sure we'll get any choice in the matter
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »
According to the NLP Vince could be off to the Premier League with Leicester, Derby "ready to pounce" also Villa and Peterborough keeping an eye on him. Vince is out of contract in the summer so it does appear he will go and with that in mind it makes sense to get cover in for the last few games if his head has been turned. I say good luck to the lad he has a great future to look forward to but any player for us has to be 100% focussed on the last few games and nothing more.

I wonder where these stories come from though. I see a fair bit about Leicester City in the local media, and there's often rumours about potential signings in the Leicester Mercury, etc. I think I would have noticed if Vince had been mentioned anywhere. If he has gone and got himself an agent, maybe it's the agent putting these stories around? Agents will take their cut from any transfer so it's in their interests to raise a player's profile, even if that means bending the truth a little bit.

For what it's worth I don't think it'd be a good career move for any keeper to join Leicester. Barring injury, there's nothing going to shift Kasper Schmeichel. Just ask Conrad Logan, who is Leicester's longest serving player (eleventh season), but who has only made a grand total of 21 starts in league matches in all that time. Logan is a good goalkeeper, but hasn't he wasted his career? If Sam Vince listens to the likes of Liam Agnew, he'll probably find it's better to be getting regular starts in first team football than it is to disappear into a development squad.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »
Vinnos head isnt the problem its DG bully boy attitude to me. He is 17 years old and so far hes been a model footballer and a credit to himself and the club.If he has an agent, who is acting as a career adviser good luck to him.

Vince is  attempting to do exactly what he should be doing ,  looking to progress his career .
Greene is doing exactly what he should be doing ,  looking after the interest of BUFC.
This is happening all the time in football ,  football is a business therefore in few cases do these moves work smoothly .
If you scrutinise Greenes signings it appears few players have problems with Greenes man management .

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 08:46:26 PM »
It has to be said no mention of Newsh, Ricky ,Garns , have they signed but a massive issue of the young lad.

Man management is the bosses job but no Rossy our main creator in the middle of the park, take yesterday a wonder strike and a last minute pen. We don't entertain like we did two  months ago creating chance after chance has Rossy crossed DG. Junior in the middle what a talent on a sunny day but couldn't get to Barrow as he cannot drive so couldn't get there.

Dowie great energy and attitude but creates nothing in the top third.

I suppose im just saying in a run in like our players need to know whose who on the pitch.

Final point Ricky, ive changed my attitude your never say die attitude has won me over and you deserve the plaudits.

It could go the last day our mini bus is booked.

Corridor of Uncertainty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
Interesting comments re. Sam...no doubt some from people very close to him.

I agree with LP.

Bullyboy I sense DG is definitely not.  Just gutted that the lad he planned to be his full time goalkeeper next year is, in his opinion, receiving poor advice.  It's far better, at this early stage, to be playing every week for us than getting lost as last in the queue elsewhere.  Damage is probably done now..