Author Topic: Reserves win 4-1 v Cleethorpes Town 2nds  (Read 6048 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Reserves win 4-1 v Cleethorpes Town 2nds
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
Four first half goals from Lee Orrey (2), Liam Ogden and a long range effort from Aaron Eyett were enough to win the game - although Cleethorpes could count themselves a bit unlucky not to get more than their solitary goal in the 2nd half with Andy Hewitt having to make a number of brilliant saves after the opposition had broken through our defence. The game was a good advert, for once, for the much maligned Lincolnshire League! One more game to go for the Reserves, although it is still likely that the farcical League Committee will be making more alterations to the points situation prior to the end of the Season.   :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves win 4-1 v Cleethorpes Town 2nds
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »
Cracking save from Chewy when the ball came of the knee of Joby and was heading for the bottom corner too :)

Thought their number 2 was lucky to stay on after his abuse to the linesman though,but another cracking game and superb goal from Aaron,hope he meant to hit it like that and wasn't a cross though lol

As you say,the deductions due to teams withdrawing etc has seen the Reserves slip down the league and doesn't do them justice as they have been beating some tough teams...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:35:46 PM »
Just hope Ken can start a seperate forum for the reserves. Seriously is anybody apart from CN and BB interested?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »
70+ through the turnstile are bothered too  ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
Maybe have a single 'Reserves' thread?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »
Pilgrim86 and KON - you both should be ashamed of yourselves as Veteran Members! BUFC is not all about the first team. If Neil and I want to contribute in a topic on the Reserves, why would you want Ken to outlaw it? We have to accept your constant postings! Please show a little respect for those of us who take an interest in the Reserves, Youth, Scholars and Community Teams. If you are unable to find that respect, then don't read postings on the Reserves if it offends you! :bunny
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:42:36 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »
Nobody is asking Ken to 'outlaw' it...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56:00 AM »
Agree pilgrim86! It just needs a separate place. we are not criticizing the team.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 07:34:57 AM »
YES the crowd as gone down at least by half, with our first team manager not a bit interested in the reserves we are not getting the players we would like. glen maddison could find good players because he had the backing of the first team      there was a real good connection between youths reserves first team lets not loose it. I for one don't mind paying the entrance fee if it helps the club in anyway. I thought HEWITT in goal was outstanding, keep the good work up,   boston town would be pleased with 70+ for sure.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »
Well said Miele. It is a good way for our youngsters to be introduced to adult football.
"Contributors" like KoN are just plain out of order if he is suggesting that the BUFC Reserves "thread" is put "elsewhere".
He's clearly forgotten that several first teamers, e.g. Sam Vince, played in BUFC's 2nd XI and have since progressed to play in Conference North.
In fact, I doubt if he would even know who Vinno, Wardy or Aidie are and would say it was a certainty that he has never got off his backside to come and support the Reserves even if the first team had no game! :bunny

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
It's simple really if you don't want to comment/view the thread then don't bother. BB and CN clearly start the thread with the Reserves in the title so it is what it is simples.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
I'm interested in both I want the threads to stay

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 03:54:43 PM »
"Contributors" like KoN are just plain out of order if he is suggesting that the BUFC Reserves "thread" is put "elsewhere".
Are you a tabloid journalist? You seem to sensationalise anything you don't agree with. You also seem to be quoting phrases that nobody has said!

You have your views, and other people who have posted in this thread have theirs too - can you not respect that? Not everybody has to agree with you!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 04:22:23 PM »
Are you a tabloid journalist? You seem to sensationalise anything you don't agree with. You also seem to be quoting phrases that nobody has said!

You have your views, and other people who have posted in this thread have theirs too - can you not respect that? Not everybody has to agree with you!
Pilgrim86. You are an intelligent guy and I welcome the banter with you on Patter (even your tedious stuff)!  :bunny
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:40:09 PM by Burgh Boy »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »
I dont go to the reserves games but i always look out for there results and its often one of the  first results i ask around for after the first teams games,

I say keep the threads where they are as BB and CN give valued info on the reserves,progress and results and after all it is only one thread a week that is about one of the BUFC teams, And lets face it the site is littered with so many **** post from a certain few people its nice to see a post about football.

Cue the Hijack.......