Author Topic: Boston United  (Read 11162 times)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 01:18:14 PM »
The club currently has pay a ludicrous £70,000+ in ground rent to the stadiums (and former BUFC) owners, however the current Club owners have submitted plans for a new ground as part of a bigger development.

BUFC has a number of other debts which, as you are new on here, I'm sure SP will happily tell you about.  ;)

As for promotion if the majority of our last games were at home then I would be quietly confident of securing a play-off spot but the main problem all season has been a poor away form.  In DG though we do have a good manager (again I'm sure SP will tell you otherwise) who has mainly signed good players and I'll be looking forward to next season a lot more than under previous mangers.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
Seems to me Gainsborough are your closest rivals,you have the odd crank on the forum (as most have).I can see this is going to be a fun site,are you going to get promoted ? Or will the bubble burst ?Are you financially secure as most teams at this level are really struggling ? Honest answers please.

The bubble will burst and they're are skint.

Honest.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
WAKE up  footballfan is taking the P don't answer for a wile then he may go away.
off to watch reserves now.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
WAKE up  footballfan is taking the P don't answer for a wile then he may go away.

I think you meant to say "Whydidyousaythat is taking the P......." as footballfan seems to be a genuine new supporter for BUFC, someone we should all welcome.

As for whydidyousaythat who appears to be a G'boro fan, I wish you all the best for next Sat and can you stuff Harrogate for us please!
United we stand..................

footballfan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 08:36:52 AM »
I must admit Cavalier on my first post,it does seem a bit harsh to say "he will p--s off" I was only asking a few background questions !
Never mind I did say there were a few cranks on these forums.
I was asked what football I watched, my area was South Cambridge, watching Royston, Bishops stortford, Cambridge united.
What a game Barrow must have been,I cannot wait for my first game,8 goals in a game will do me !

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »

I think you meant to say "Whydidyousaythat is taking the P......." as footballfan seems to be a genuine new supporter for BUFC, someone we should all welcome.

As for whydidyousaythat who appears to be a G'boro fan, I wish you all the best for next Sat and can you stuff Harrogate for us please!

I hope we win at Harrogate next week too cavalier but only from a trinity point of view, no disrespect to you but we need the points for our own safety.

But I do wish BUFC all the best in your quest for the play-offs, always good to see Lincs teams doing well despite us supporting different teams

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 05:10:42 PM »

I hope we win at Harrogate next week too cavalier but only from a trinity point of view, no disrespect to you but we need the points for our own safety.

But I do wish BUFC all the best in your quest for the play-offs, always good to see Lincs teams doing well despite us supporting different teams

For a change i agree with your view. I myself always like to see a lincs team do well.
And for what its worth my thoughts on trinity this season as been i think they have done well. Some teams would drop like freefall once owners who have bankrolled there clubs leave. And whiles trinity aint pulling up any trees they have not gone into freefall

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
Seems to me you have the odd crank on the forum

Brilliant! Most incisive comment of the week.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 07:52:26 AM »
Seems to me Gainsborough are your closest rivals...

Lincoln City & Kettering are our rivals, Gainsborough are a team based in the county too, but not a rival.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 10:27:46 PM »

Lincoln City & Kettering are our rivals, Gainsborough are a team based in the county too, but not a rival.

Worksop, Frickley and Grantham are Gainsborough's rivals, we just happen to have to share a league with them for now, but don't ever think they are our rivals though..........

The rivalry with Lincoln and Kettering has been diluted over the past decade or so, we had a decent rivalry with Kings Lynn about 15 years ago but again thats not likely to be ignited any time soon.

Local rivalries are thin on the ground, I suppose us and Guiseley have a mutual respect coming up through the league as we did, and FCUM on the basis of being a similar size club support wise.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 04:30:38 PM »

Worksop, Frickley and Grantham are Gainsborough's rivals, we just happen to have to share a league with them for now, but don't ever think they are our rivals though..........

The rivalry with Lincoln and Kettering has been diluted over the past decade or so, we had a decent rivalry with Kings Lynn about 15 years ago but again thats not likely to be ignited any time soon.

Local rivalries are thin on the ground, I suppose us and Guiseley have a mutual respect coming up through the league as we did, and FCUM on the basis of being a similar size club support wise.

I hope for your sake NF Boston get promoted, at least it might stop you chewing that lemon that is making you so bitter.

And how do you think Lincoln City are your rivals when you're in the same league as us..Spalding more like and Kings Lynn.

Geographically we are nearer to Lincoln. .check it out.

And while we're at it, you really ought to have that chip on your shoulder surgically removed to restore the equilibrium, it's weighing you down.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »
BUFC has no rivals as it has no respect. 

Other clubs must just laff at the shambles the club has become.

To call someone a rival requires a modicum of respect and recognition and BUFC has neither. :-X
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »
I am sure there are a lot of fans like me who are fed up seeing comments from the above.
Its easy just ignore anything he may post on here, and do not comment. I am sure he will
not go away, but hopefully will get frustrated at not being able to wind people up.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »
BUFC has no rivals as it has no respect. 

Other clubs must just laff at the shambles the club has become.

To call someone a rival requires a modicum of respect and recognition and BUFC has neither. :-X

How would you know?

When was the last time you saw them play??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »

I hope for your sake NF Boston get promoted, at least it might stop you chewing that lemon that is making you so bitter.

And how do you think Lincoln City are your rivals when you're in the same league as us..Spalding more like and Kings Lynn.

Geographically we are nearer to Lincoln. .check it out.

And while we're at it, you really ought to have that chip on your shoulder surgically removed to restore the equilibrium, it's weighing you down.

Are you claiming that you are Lincoln's bigger rivals than us? Really? When were you last in their division?

King's Lynn I'd accept for us, as we have played them a few times recently (still a few seasons ago) but Spalding? No chance.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/