Author Topic: Boston United  (Read 11163 times)

footballfan

• View Profile
Boston United
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:24:44 PM »
Hi, I have just been given this area,with my job,I love local football and intend to follow Boston United, can you give me any jnfo on your club,players,crowds,gossip,etc, all adds to the interest when watching a new team.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:38:58 PM »
Hi, welcome aboard the good ship Pilgrim and prepare yourself for an interesting journey.  Just by following this site you will get a feel for the passion surrounding the club and don't be put off by the odd (and I mean that literally) posters who try to put down us happy clappers.
United we stand..................

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »
Two of our managers are convicted criminals, one still in post.

Fickle fan base many of whom (to the innocent observer) appear to condone criminality.

Club owned by a property developer who wants to make a buck or two by relocating the football club.

SAVE YOUR MONEY and support a real community based football team - Boston Town FC :bunny
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:44:10 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »
Welcome-you will see we also get Gainsborough fans on here like scouse pilgrim!

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »
And we also get Scouse Pilgrim fans on here like....... Scouse Pilgrim!   ::)
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
And we also get Scouse Pilgrim fans on here like....... Scouse Pilgrim!   ::)

8)   made me laff Beefy!
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
http://www.impstalk.co.uk/

All you need to know about Boston United and its grisly story can be found here. 

Written by my lovely friends Pete and Adam and other slubberdegullions. :dan

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
Another thread hijacked.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 06:09:07 PM »
Scouse is a bitter rival fan who makes out he knows all and is the voice of the people. Come and stand in the Townend you will be made most welcome.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 06:17:37 PM »
Oh, I don't know, he has some uses, for example whenever I cant sleep, I turn on the laptop and read his posts and within half a dozen I'm sleeping like a baby.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »

Yes football fan, that's me  :bunny

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 08:23:37 AM »

Gainsborough have no fans.

Their support base is on a par with Brackley and North Ferriby, the other village team/hobby clubs in this league.......difference is Gainsborough had the money and spunked it up the wall thanks to piss poor managers, at least the other two are making 'credible' title/play off pushes.

If you come to a game sit in the stand for a few games, get a feel for the place.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »

Gainsborough have no fans.

Their support base is on a par with Brackley and North Ferriby, the other village team/hobby clubs in this league.......difference is Gainsborough had the money and spunked it up the wall thanks to piss poor managers, at least the other two are making 'credible' title/play off pushes.

If you come to a game sit in the stand for a few games, get a feel for the place.

Better still, join the passionate fans on the terraces or particularly the Town End if you really want to get a feel for the place.  Here, most of us are more concerned with cheering on our own team rather than fixating about other local teams.
United we stand..................

footballfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
Seems to me Gainsborough are your closest rivals,you have the odd crank on the forum (as most have).I can see this is going to be a fun site,are you going to get promoted ? Or will the bubble burst ?Are you financially secure as most teams at this level are really struggling ? Honest answers please.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »
Seems to me Gainsborough are your closest rivals,you have the odd crank on the forum (as most have).I can see this is going to be a fun site,are you going to get promoted ? Or will the bubble burst ?Are you financially secure as most teams at this level are really struggling ? Honest answers please.

I think there are 6/7 teams fighting for the last 3 play-off spots . us included .
Finances getting in shape slowly but all fans waiting to get to new stadium which hopefully will make club viable . It will take a bit of ajusting to the move myself as I have been going to York St almost 70 years .   
Sorry about the enthusiastic young fan from Liverpool on the forum .

Who have you supported in the past ?