Author Topic: Miller left disgruntled despite hat-trick heroics at Barrow  (Read 7667 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Miller left disgruntled despite hat-trick heroics at Barrow
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 01:20:56 PM »
Exactly B Grimes, well put.

I don't want to get into a discussion about the morals of BUSA or the Club (leave that to fussbucket Scouse) - from the perspective of a player, four to five hours on a coach before a game is not good preparation - both physically and mentally. If we miss out this season then the five points dropped in this part of the country could be a significant factor.

DL

How come we got a point against a decent Barrow side yet lose to bottom club Workington , did the bus driver find a short cut to Barrow ?  :D
Judging on our other away results don,t think an over-night stay would help a lot , other teams don,t do over-night stays .
With part-time players work probably makes it difficult for some players to travel on a Friday evening .

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Perhaps an official from BUSA can clear up the confusion as to what happened to £1,000 of its members' cash?........ ;)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
Two of our four away wins in the league have come against local sides (Histon and Gainsborough). Maybe we don't travel well and need to start introducing overnight stays for the longer trips. Whilst Barrow have turned their season around, their form during their last five games has been poor - losing at home to Worcester and drawing with Oxford City, Leamington and Stockport.

Other teams do utilise hotels and even at this level. Both Harrogate and Colwyn Bay have stayed at the hotel near me when playing Histon this season.

DL

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 02:08:18 PM »
I wouldn't want to see the club wasting money that we havn't got paying for hotels, not until we get the new ground, achieve promotion and obtain a more sound financial footing.

Harrogate are owned by a millionairre so I would expect them to throw money around as they have done for the last few years, oh and have won absolutley nothing along the way!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »
Beef, different matter if we don't have the money for a hotel but get a donation for it - and then don't use it. No one wants the Club to be extravagant after what it has been through but there is a balancing act that needs to be considered. If the overnight stop helps the team get those extra points needed for promotion then doing this for our most distant fixtures is surely a small price to pay in the long term.

DL

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 02:40:51 PM »
Two of our four away wins in the league have come against local sides (Histon and Gainsborough). Maybe we don't travel well and need to start introducing overnight stays for the longer trips. Whilst Barrow have turned their season around, their form during their last five games has been poor - losing at home to Worcester and drawing with Oxford City, Leamington and Stockport.

Other teams do utilise hotels and even at this level. Both Harrogate and Colwyn Bay have stayed at the hotel near me when playing Histon this season.

DL

Come on Daniel , we should be able to bike to Gainsborough and win  :dan

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »
The answer clearly lies in BIG DATA (ask John Blackwell).

We need to analyse the squad and see which players might benefit from travelling away the day before and being put up in a clean and reasonably priced Travelodge, and which players would have an advantage by getting good night's sleep in their own bed inspite of the long journey the following day.

Some players might just be rubbish playing away from home and should be dropped for away matches obviously.

Ken what does your computer show?   :-*
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
tried to scupper plans to set up a Supporters' Trust (unsuccessfully)
Who was it who used the Supporters Trust as a vehicle for their own personal vendetta against someone? Who is the main reason the Trust wasn't trusted (pardon the pun) as an organisation?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:12 PM »
Don't feed the Troll.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »
Who was it who used the Supporters Trust as a vehicle for their own personal vendetta against someone? Who is the main reason the Trust wasn't trusted (pardon the pun) as an organisation?
Well said Pilgrim 86 That was one of the main reasons I didn't rejoin at that time(and one or two people who sit near me in the happy clappy stand felt the same way)
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 07:53:53 AM »
Perhaps an official from BUSA can clear up the confusion as to what happened to £1,000 of its members' cash?........ ;)

What confusion, only you seem interested?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 12:23:02 PM »
I'm not in BUSA so nothing to do with me what they do with their cash.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »

What confusion, only you seem interested?

Let me guess you're another BUSA member and pretty apathetic?  :bunny

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »

No idea whatsoever I am afraid. 

The reason why BUSA did not want a Supporters' Trust, as far as most could see, was that it posed a threat to the BUSA hegemony.  In reality it served a completely different purpose.  Had the general apathy from so-called fans been different, then the club could be in Trust ownership by now.  :bunny