Author Topic: Boston United Reserves - time for a change of League?  (Read 2514 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Boston United Reserves - time for a change of League?
« on: March 20, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »
It may be time to change Leagues? Currently, the Lincolnshire League is in a poor state with teams resigning left, right and centre and with a slow moving Committee who have a reputation of failing to act in serious matters, especially those of a disciplinary nature, when required to do so.
Yes, we can stay in this League next season but may be we should consider two Step 7 League alternatives?
The Peterborough & District League is just round the corner and will involve no more travelling than at present. If the Reserves are allowed to start in the top Division, they would not be out of place in the slightest. The only downfall with this League is that only a Referee is provided for games - clubs need to provide Club Linesmen on the day.
The Anglian Combination is another and better possibility but will involve a lot more travelling into Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and an increase in funding. Again, the Reserves would not be out of place if allowed to start in the top Division. The League provides Referees and Linesmen in the top Division and also in its second tier.
Food for thought?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United Reserves - time for a change of League?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
Yep we all agree, even those at the club, But like they always said membership fees are higher and other cost are higher.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »
Peterborough league would not be a bad choice.  Most of the grounds in this league are just fields but hey ho kings lynn reserves are in it.  Wouldn't be a problem finding our own lino probably will be better than some of the poor excuse for officials that we get in the conference at present.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:02:17 PM »
I believe the FA are wanting to restrict the number of reserve teams that play within the pyramid - which the Lincs League isn't, as it has no official 'step' status.

Would we be allowed to join a step 7 league? How long have the reserve teams in the Peterborough League been in there?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »
Methinks kings lynn have only had thier reserve team in peterborough league for a couple of seasons

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 08:11:35 PM »
Perhaps the club should decide. If we play a reserve side in a league without proper officials lets play in the Boston Sat Prem., as we all know how it goes. The reserves arent a feeder side, with JL a bit more focus was on them as he watched them and put players in there to get fit or have a look at.

Vinno does a great job as hes passionate and committed but you ask lads to go to Cambs etc who are sometimes just kids is to much. They are self funding  perhaps if someone throws money at Vinno, and Aidey and Wardy fair enough, and hopefully they will unearth a gem, but lets not lose the guys who run it for fun who already give 120%.

Lincs League was once a v v strong league and can be again.