Author Topic: Pilgrim lounge tonight, a bit frustrating  (Read 4849 times)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
Pilgrim lounge tonight, a bit frustrating
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »
Had to wait too long for service tonight, no criticism of the hard working three behind the bar, just frustrating that there are as many people making food with no one waiting as there are serving thirsty punters. I think some mult skulking needed, and someone having a look at where the demand is at 7.15. There where enough staff just in the wrong places.
If the lounge is seen as a revenue stream watching people leave ( will they bother again?). Leaves a bitter taste and it wasn't the batemans!

freiston fan

• View Profile
Re: Pilgrim lounge tonight, a bit frustrating
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:29:55 PM »
Fair point same at comedy night perhaps Chris can look at this, race from work , without tea or relaxing,wanting a couple of beers and decided not to, not a critiscism but as I have said before short period to make money for the club, so perhaps remind the guys/girls behind the bar

bufc40

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:04:29 AM »
try the coach,  better beer, service and to be honest simply a better place to be.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
Arrived at 7:20, quick pint and then in the ground for kick off. Didn't have a problem, it's always going to be busy up to kick off.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:14:03 AM »
try the coach,  better beer, service and to be honest simply a better place to be.
It's a matter of choice of course,but I'll continue to use the Pilgrims Lounge.I am on a (very) limited income,but given the financial pressure on the Club,I can at least feel I am doing my little bit by spending my money at York Street rather than somewhere else.
Note for Cookie;if we are going to have a real ale in the Lounge,can we at least have someone in charge who knows how to keep it.I had a pint of Batemans at the Ashton game that was absolutely rank.Went straight onto the Guinness last night,but i heard quite a few complaints about the quality of the Batemans.

Bob Lee

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »
try the coach,  better beer, service and to be honest simply a better place to be.
It's a matter of choice of course,but I'll continue to use the Pilgrims Lounge.I am on a (very) limited income,but given the financial pressure on the Club,I can at least feel I am doing my little bit by spending my money at York Street rather than somewhere else.
Note for Cookie;if we are going to have a real ale in the Lounge,can we at least have someone in charge who knows how to keep it.I had a pint of Batemans at the Ashton game that was absolutely rank.Went straight onto the Guinness last night,but i heard quite a few complaints about the quality of the Batemans.  must be the irish firewater mate messed up your tastebuds ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:15:13 PM by Bob Lee »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
Note for Cookie;if we are going to have a real ale in the Lounge,can we at least have someone in charge who knows how to keep it.I had a pint of Batemans at the Ashton game that was absolutely rank.Went straight onto the Guinness last night,but i heard quite a few complaints about the quality of the Batemans.
Someone I know went into the PL for the first time since it's been done up, and he was pleasantly surprised at the quality of his pint of Batemans - and he runs his own Batemans pub!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 12:44:59 PM »
Thanks for your comments, duly noted and we will act on the problems.
Varying comments about the beer, some say it's good some say it's bad, I only drink Kronenburg so can't really comment on the Batemans.
We are interviewing at the moment, and could have someone in place very soon.
I agree it is difficult to get the staffing levels absolutely spot on but the catering girls (two of them are only schoolgirls) are there to cater and the bar staff are there to serve drinks. The catering staff had been there since 4pm preparing meals for the sponsors etc.
Sometimes when we have 4 people serving, 2 of them are stood about so it's difficult to guess how busy we will be.
I was surprised to see quite a few people sampling the pie, chips and peas last night, they did look good but it may be that there is not enough call for matchday food to be served in the PL, let us know what you would like to eat, we will cater to your needs.

Your comments are appreciated, but please keep supporting the Pilgrim Lounge as it also supports your football club.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 10:52:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply cookie

the quality of the beer does depend on who/how they pour it

I will choose the pl because I know it benefits the club.

I genuinely hope the lounge succeeds it deserves too with the effort by all