Author Topic: Get out of Jail Free Card......................  (Read 11894 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Get out of Jail Free Card......................
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »
Do not pass "Go". Do not collect £200.  :dan

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Get out of Jail Free Card......................
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 05:53:36 PM »
Found the game boring. We didn't deserve a win, ref was conned by Ricky. I don't understand why we have been doing so well and then bring in players over Milnes and Rossy. I suppose that's why im not a football manager. Feel for Oxford, whose winger was just pure class.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:13 PM »
A poor game ruined by the conditions. All that matters are the 3 points at this stage of the season.  I thought do we looked a little lost today but I'm sure he will be a good signing when he has settled in, he worked hard in difficult conditions. Konadu also looks a decent signing.

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »
Thankfully we got the points but surely to god we must achieve a play off position it's what us fans deserve.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:51:17 PM »
Milnes looked p***ed off at the end  :(
Not surprising really as Dowie was one of the reasons we struggled first half.
Milnes or Ross should have started bringing Dowie on later.
Greene's gambled with our season and got away with it ....must be a lucky manager  :dan
The other lad Konadu looked a much better prospect, we started playing some football when he came on  8)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 07:14:12 PM »
We passed to them more than they passed to each other, bad day at the office  BUT we won.....not sure how but we did. Balances last week out I guess

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 07:38:06 PM »
Thankfully we got the points but surely to god we must achieve a play off position it's what us fans deserve.

Exactly , seeing Mr Newton is one of our fans .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
Points in the bag, all that matters at this time of year. 

Entertainment now comes in a different form with tension and the twists n turns of the business end of the season.

Today was a good result, we got what we needed.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Monty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »
It's okay saying points in the bag but when 2 of you go and spend over £30 admission to watch then a little entertainment value would be nice!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 08:37:54 PM »
Found the game boring. We didn't deserve a win, ref was conned by Ricky. I don't understand why we have been doing so well and then bring in players over Milnes and Rossy. I suppose that's why im not a football manager. Feel for Oxford, whose winger was just pure class.

I have to agree it is all well and good bringing in lots of midfield ball winners but if none of them can produce a good pass it is futile, Rossy and Milnes as you say should have started the game and the new lads brought on if things needed changing if the manager is getting these lads to sign on the basis they will start games immediately then he is treading a very dangerous path at this stage of the season, this is no time for experimenting. 

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
Rode our luck today, a decent team would have put us to bed in that first half

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
I don't think the new lad from Histon added any real value over and above what we have already got.

One thing we lacked today was width. If there is one of our players who you want running down the touchline it's Fairclough. Getting him to the bye-line and in behind the defence would have been a much better approach. We were so narrow and it was so congested - I guess the players were only following the orders of the manager.

Having said that, I think Oxford deserve some credit. They defended well and were unlucky having hit the post three times. Before today they had only lost 4 more games than Boston this season and have actually conceded less goals than us, despite their league position. 

With most of the top teams winning today, we can't afford to slip up at Barrow next week.

DL

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »
Thought Oxford did well mainly because we were rubbish especially in the first half. Our game improved after Fairclough was taken off and Sudoku (I remember that word more than his proper name at this stage) put on. No disrespect to Fc cos I am a fan of his. Thought the new guy was good, he was very calm when he had the ball and will be an asset. The ref was a frigging moron, no idea. Gave a goal kick and not a corner to us  after their goalie put the ball out. Screwed up the extra time at the end and if the Boston players had committed similar fouls to the Oxford players I feel sure he would have filled up his yellow card with Boston names whereas he just let the visitors carry on. I always thought experience should make you better at what you do, that pillock was crap here before, was crap today and will always be crap, couldn't ref a blow football game.
Glad for the three points but in NO way are we play off potential. Will be in this league for a couple of more seasons yet, perhaps that's the secret plan.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 10:50:18 PM »
It's okay saying points in the bag but when 2 of you go and spend over £30 admission to watch then a little entertainment value would be nice!

Not wanting to argue, but that generally happens with football. We've been massively entertaining to watch this year, you get crap games at every level, especially top of table teams v bottom of the table spoiler games
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »
Admission for two should cost no more than £28 at most. As with any sporting event, there is never a guarantee of entertainment, least of all in a game of non league football being played by part time players.

All managers want to win and be entertaining at the same time but they will always put the win first.

DL