Author Topic: New Contract for DG  (Read 14510 times)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Contract for DG
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:39 AM »
DG has signed a new 2 year deal, well deserved in my opinion and brings a bit of stabilty to the club after all the chopping and changing of managers beforehand... well done DG.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Contract for DG
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:05:21 AM »
yeah, he can settle in the area now :)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »
I hope this wont affect his benefits :P
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »
Beef,

I disagree about the stability remark. Contract lengths in football are pretty meaningless nowadays as far as any link to actual tenure served is concerned.

If DG loses his next 'X' amount of games then he would probably be sacked, regardless of his contract length. Chairmen would rather pay the compensation and find a new manager than risk a relegation and / or wrath of the fans week in, week out.

A long contract is good for the manager as it gives him some financial stability (as long as he keeps his nose clean) and BUFC - although only if he were to be poached  by some other club willing to pay him more - and they could then negotiate for compensation.

DL
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:14:16 PM by Daniel Lambert »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 12:42:04 PM »
I think it does show stability. DG can now look to offer contracts now to players he wants to keep next season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 12:54:53 PM »
and so he could not before?  :-*
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
Let's hope Sunderland stay up this season

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »
and so he could not before?  :-*

players want to know who is in charge before signing new contracts, you will want to play for a manager who appreciates you.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:54 PM »
P86 - I doubt very much Boston are in a position to be offering contracts to players for next season in March. Most business at this level is conducted right at the end of the season and predominantly in the close season.

The whole issue around next season is far from clear at the moment. If we get promoted then the full time/part time issue arises. Would many of the current team be good enough at a higher level. Would the current squad be happy to travel on a national level. Could a part time player like Newsham get down to somewhere like Toquay for a mid-week game. Would he sign a contract now. If we don't get promoted, should we get rid of most and start again with a team capable of achieving promotion.

Lot's of questions. No such thing as stability in football.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »
P86 - I doubt very much Boston are in a position to be offering contracts to players for next season in March. Most business at this level is conducted right at the end of the season and predominantly in the close season.
Are we willing to risk losing key players to other clubs? At the end of the season, contracted players can talk to other clubs - right now, they cannot.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »
I think the fact that Kempster as put in the Statment that Dennis can now start planning for next season as basicly given him the nod to start talking to those players he wants to keep. I seem to remember Newsham and Ross was end of march last year .

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 05:41:05 PM »
we have 3/4 players id push the boat out and get signed now whatever league we are in next year!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 10:08:42 PM »
Whichever league we are in next season Pidge, Newsham and Miller need to be offered a contract extension ASAP!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 06:34:36 AM »
IF GARNER and PIDGE stay with us they are the only 2 good enough to go up a league me thinks
if we stay were we are I think they will leave'
there are 6 players left from last season will all of those be with us next season I think not.
I would try and keep STEER  MILLER and NEWSHAM for sure.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:47:10 AM by miele »

Seenbetter

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 07:50:48 AM »
I think we will still be in this league next season. If we don't sign Pidge and Garner, Steer,Newsh n Miller they will snapped up by someone. The most important person I want to see back next season is the lady who brings the coffee n biscuits every game.  ;D