Author Topic: v Worksop Town - Match Thread  (Read 15347 times)

Ben Grant

• View Profile
Re: v Worksop Town - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »
Also most teams have a 3 point advantage as they have played Durham

If our game against Durham had gone ahead and we won, we'd now be top....

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »
I thought I would give a summary from a "Tigers" view (although I do find myself agreeing with most of what has already been said!!). For the opening 15-20 minutes we controlled the game, playing some good football and if it was not for Evans excellent save we would have taken a deserved lead.

However, after that you started to take control playing some excellent football, at times I thought it looked like you had an extra player on the pitch, especially in the second half where I thought you "drove us back" rather then us sitting back. If it was not for the excellence of Jon Kennedy (our keeper) and some wayward finishing the scoreline would have been much greater. You were worthy winners.

Even though we lost I still found it an entertaining game between two teams who tried to play a good passing game. I also think the ref should take some credit for this as he tried to keep the game going and play advantage whenever he could.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Here is our official match report for those that are interested
http://www.worksoptownfc.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=531

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
I thought I would give a summary from a "Tigers" view (although I do find myself agreeing with most of what has already been said!!). For the opening 15-20 minutes we controlled the game, playing some good football and if it was not for Evans excellent save we would have taken a deserved lead.

However, after that you started to take control playing some excellent football, at times I thought it looked like you had an extra player on the pitch, especially in the second half where I thought you "drove us back" rather then us sitting back. If it was not for the excellence of Jon Kennedy (our keeper) and some wayward finishing the scoreline would have been much greater. You were worthy winners.

Even though we lost I still found it an entertaining game between two teams who tried to play a good passing game. I also think the ref should take some credit for this as he tried to keep the game going and play advantage whenever he could.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Here is our official match report for those that are interested
http://www.worksoptownfc.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=531

Full agree, also althou boston completly controled the seconed half the tigers still put there shift in to bring a decent game

Seenbetter

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »
Great game. Both sides did well. It's good to read about a good game instead of the heavy bullying tactics  employed by most of the teams we've encountered so far. Credit to Worksop and hope they finish the season well, but under us.

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
Isn't it 3 games on the bounce?? ???  Buxton last monday

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
Isn't it 3 games on the bounce?? ???  Buxton last monday

it is indeed mate  ;D

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
We were poor first half lets not beat around the bush but second half was probably the best home perfomance i've seen since Presscott cables (bearing in mind I missed the Ashton game). I still feel that the tactics which are employed need a little tweeking as mentioned before in regards to when we attacked. I agree Yates did have a good game but when it comes to crossing if he just looked up a few times it may help, the crosses were in good positions just not to a boston player most of the time, however his ball control was probably the best on display on the pitch. MOTM for me was Lee Canoville. Wood was better but at times looked like an accident waiting to happen but again TBF he is certainly improving. I thought the Ref was CONSISTANT which is all you can ask. He maybe was a bit picky but was picky for both sides and ref'd fairly (something not seen a York Street very often) and this tallies up with what the worksop fan has written. Well done Ref!!!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »
The ref was the best I have seen in this league this year or last - hopefully the FA are aware of this bloke if he is as consistant as that every game. I don't think he was picky helet the game flow where he could and didn't flash cards around and barely got a decision wrong all night but wouldn't stand for any nonsence.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 12:12:48 PM »
Best Referee we've seen since dropping out the league, not one iffy one all game and everything made sense.  Think there is a strong relationship between both sets of fans enjoying a good game and the fact that this guy was in charge.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.