Author Topic: v Worksop Town - Match Thread  (Read 15365 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Worksop Town - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 10:39:31 PM »
The difference between now and a few weeks ago? The midfield has clicked. Yates has been a breath of fresh air, with his constant running, both with and without the ball. When does his loan end?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »
Top performance tonight.First 10/15 minutes Worksop looked the stronger,but from then on we got better and better.Second half performance was as good as i can remember for a long,long time.Some of the football we played was excellent,and but for their goalkeeper we could have had 5 or 6.Ashton may be top,but i thought tonights display was better than Saturday,against much stronger opposition physically.Well played lads,all of you.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »
Agree with O CHO MEALLT Worksop looked more 'up for it' than Ashton. Am I wrong in thinking that Yates is here ona permenant deal!?!?!?!?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 10:44:36 PM »
We're within touching distance of the top again now with our games in hand.

We now look like we do away from home, at home. So everyone is getting to see what others were talking about a few weeks ago.

Yates is key though, we need his crossing and running badly as he opens up the side and gives Sleath and Church room to do their stuff.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Agree with O CHO MEALLT Worksop looked more 'up for it' than Ashton. Am I wrong in thinking that Yates is here ona permenant deal!?!?!?!?
[/quote
Pretty sure Yates is only on loan.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »
I thought Jamie Clark had his best game so far this season ;)

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »
The difference between now and a few weeks ago? The midfield has clicked. Yates has been a breath of fresh air, with his constant running, both with and without the ball. When does his loan end?

Agree and I think he was a permanent signing. Here's the O/S' report on him signing:

http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/2920434/United-recruit-striker-Yates

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »
Yes Woody made a bad mistake in the first half but Canners made an identical mistake in the second so I wouldn't single Woody out for that. I think he has found his position. The last two games are the best he has played for us. Worksop started really well and were very nippy and worrying in the first half but we came out in the second and looked real quality, played really good football. Fantastic effort from all the players. An absolute delight to see them play. The referee was very good as well. It would have done all the men in fancy dress in our league good to come and see how it should be done. 90% of the fouls wouldn't have been given by our usual donkeys but that chap tonight was really good. Did you notice in the second half when Danny was attacked in their area how the ref got on with the game so quick it didn't have time to develope into something bigger. Loved their managers sense of humour-gave a lot of verbal, encouraged his players but had time for a cheeky grin just to say I know what I'm doing. Apparently he was sent off in Saturdays game, even had a grin for that one. Roll on Saturday.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 11:07:32 PM »

Agree and I think he was a permanent signing. Here's the O/S' report on him signing:

http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/2920434/United-recruit-striker-Yates

There were quotes at the time from Alfreton's manager, saying how he'd been sent out to get some gametime..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:11 PM »
Really enjoyed the game.

However as I have always been a centre forward who thrives on certain things, the manager should stand on DD in the warm up as when fired up came to life.

Worksop got it wrong winding the gentle giant up as in the first half didnt win a header or tackle, second half got him wound up and different player.

Well done boys.

Still feel we need a giant in midfield, but welldone to the fans for applauding the boys off confidence breads confidence.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »
Doesn't winning a game cloud peoples opinion. First 25 minutes we where totally overrun and rode our luck against a buoyant Worksop attack, they where getting joy down both flanks and we barely got our half. The rest of the half we managed to shore up the defence but the Davidson header apart created nothing. For me the first half is as bad as we've played all season,and was worse than the defeat to Retford where we had the absolute hysterical reaction from some.

Second half was totally different, obviously whatever the management said at HT worked because it was almost constant pressure and Worksop where pretty lucky to keep it down to just the 2. Deserved the win based on the second half but we cannot get complacent as on another day we may have gone in 1 or 2 down at the break.

Also agree with LCB we are now seeing at home what has been happening away performance-wise.

Seenbetter

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 07:51:29 AM »
Perhaps our game plan was to let them run out of wind. They were very busy bees in the first half but uunlikely to keep that pace going. They outplayed us by being quick and nippy with the ball. I agree they could easily have been 2 up by half time but we do have a very good defence line. They certainly weren't so quick and nippy in the second half. Did we play better in the second half because they backed off or because of the half time talk. The league table is beginning to reveal a bit more. Kendal likely to be at the top with us in the next 4 places.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 08:14:47 AM »
Kendal likely to be at the top with us in the next 4 places.

Kendal have blown hot and cold a bit of late, I'd look at Lynn to be one to chase, they seem to be picking up steam at the moment.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
Very good result last night, to be fair, I don't recall us winning two games back to back with us in overall control for some time, the second half was a great 45 mins. I am pleased the players have listened to my previous moaning!!!!!!!
I must say I thought Yates was good last night. Good energy and pace. And his crossing was as consistant as anyone I have seen for a long time, the lad can put it on the money.

It does seem other teams are having their wobble. After we finished ours. I suppose these things equal out. Also most teams have a 3 point advantage as they have played Durham

onwards and forwards. The team are looking confident, and have belief.

Up the Pilgrims

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
Great result and a decent performance last night. They did put us under pressure for the first 15/20 minutes but you are always going to get spells where the opposition is on top, its just important to not concede during this time which we didn't.

Little worried about the amount of chances we missed, against better opposition you're not going to get bundles of opportunities.

Church and Sleath were outstanding once again, Yates I was impressed with, defence looked solid and clocked up another clean sheet! Overall we are starting to look like a more settled side and I’m remaining optimistic for this season and still saying we will go up this year!!

BU on the up!!