Author Topic: England tickets anyone...its like being back in the 70`s  (Read 8048 times)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
England tickets anyone...its like being back in the 70`s
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:28:11 PM »
Well here we go again industrial action hits the poor football fan

I dont mind people being in a union, in fact much of todays workers rights where born out of union action, but bloody hell here we are in a recession and the tube workers want 4% pay rise, gaurentee (sorry can never spell that word) that no redundancies despite them being over staffed by over 1000 people, and this is the deal clincher, reinstate two union members who are suspended, both for serious breaches, one for opening the doors on the wrong side, and the other currently due to goto court for theft.

I and tens of thousands of other who do enjoy watching england play ( well as much as you can enjoy it), now will be stuck in jams miles long. The irony is that less than 15% of the members voted!! thats bloody democracy in action.

Rant over, bloody wan**rs

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: England tickets anyone...its like being back in the 70`s
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:14:32 PM »
Pilgrims67 - just how much did you as a 'poor football fan' have to pay for your ticket ?

To be fair to the FA, they are offering refunds to those fans who no longer wish to attend. If I was you I would take an overground train as far as you can and then get either a bus or share a taxi.

As a real poor football fan, I'll be listening on medium wave.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
Getting into King's Cross, it is definitely walkable (or use a no doubt full big red bus) to Marylebone where you can get an overground train to Wembley Stadium station...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:22:04 PM »
It says on the BBC that the trains wont be stopping at the Wembley overground station...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:06:13 PM »
Go from Euston to North Wembley, getting in for 17.21 ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM »
Getting into King's Cross, it is definitely walkable (or use a no doubt full big red bus) to Marylebone where you can get an overground train to Wembley Stadium station...

No over grounds are stopping near Wembley either so it's a car job really.  You have to remember that on top of the 50,000 tickets for Wembley, everyone that normally use the tube to get home will be using their car or the buses instead.

I think it is gonna be fun ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:59:16 AM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:02:18 AM »
Why bother ? Spending hard earned cash on cr*p public transport to see a cr*p team (you choose which one) composed of overpaid cr*p players on a cr*p lawn. Stay at home and watch the cr*p on tv. Give all the money  you would have wasted to Boston United Football Club. Right, thats set me up for the day ahead. For anyone who reads this cr*p entry--------HAVE A GREAT DAY
Ps. Hope England win.
Pps. Think I need counselling.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:00:20 AM »
Just to pick up where I left off.

I managed to get too the game, I drove to wembley, and a colleague arranged a parking space for me near the ground, however getting there was very slow going, took me over two hours to do nine miles.

Just picking up on a couple of the points raised.

I paid £32 for my ticket, you would pay more than that for a premier league ticket, the fact that the fa where willing to refund tickets is more than I imagine any clubs doing, I have got to say the fact that 57000 made it is a hell of an achievement, there where plenty of people walking 3+miles I saw scott Dalton and his pals walking to the game, why on earth they where walking through Harlesden I dont know, I wouldnt!!!

No overground trains where running, that is what had scuppered my plans, as I had planned to go from south ruislip via Chiltern railway but they didnt stop at wembley in fear of overcrowding, no Overground lines ran to wembley stadium station, though quite a few tubes did run, but it was too risky to chance it at the time. The buses where a nightmare as they got stuck in the traffic too. oh and I wouldnt recommend walking from kings cross, its at least 7 miles to the ground, a 14 mile round trip in the middle of London at night not high on my wish list.

Getting home was ok, I was back in swineshead two and half hours after the final whistle, so happy wth that.

In reflection I am pleased I went, the challenge of getting there added to the occasion strangly enough. and of course we won comfortably.

Rumour is that england will be playing a `big ` team in November in a friendly, maybe it will be the Argies...

Gaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:03:50 PM »
We got home at about 1.30 am

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »
Good going, I got back at 1pm, but did get away quickly as I was parked in a good place.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 05:51:05 PM »
There's plenty of parking about for it, aslong as you're savy and avoid the obvious route in that everyone else uses.

Was back in Boston for a drop off @ 1 with no real issues
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.