Author Topic: Six of the best  (Read 2787 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Six of the best
« on: March 11, 2014, 02:35:29 PM »
That's what DG thinks will earn a top five finish - http://tinyurl.com/lb6ykzf

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Six of the best
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »
That's what DG thinks will earn a top five finish - http://tinyurl.com/lb6ykzf

DG thinks 18 more points will do it (making 71) but I say we could need 24 (=77).  Hope I am wrong and other teams above us (and Guiseley) start slipping up badly, starting tonight.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:11:28 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
Last year Halifax claimed the last spot in the play-offs with 75 points. The year before it was Nuneaton with 72. We've got 53 at the moment, so the benchmark from the last two years is between 19 and 22 more points. Six wins alone won't achieve that; we also need to make sure we don't lose the other four matches!

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:52:01 AM »
In view of our recent results, i think Dennis would do better to concentrate his efforts on getting the results on the field and let his team do all the talking on the pitch - it was only a short while ago he said we could win the league. Actions speak louder than words DG.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »
In view of our recent results, i think Dennis would do better to concentrate his efforts on getting the results on the field and let his team do all the talking on the pitch - it was only a short while ago he said we could win the league. Actions speak louder than words DG.

If Dennis greene is asked in a interview if he thinks we have a chance of the play offs id hope and expect him for the teams sake to say yes,

Turning round and saying no/not a chance may have a impact on team moral.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »

If Dennis greene is asked in a interview if he thinks we have a chance of the play offs id hope and expect him for the teams sake to say yes,

Turning round and saying no/not a chance may have a impact on team moral.

Agree with you there Bostonshire.
United we stand..................